INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artist in Multiple Artist Album Type  (Read 2036 times)

smOOzz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • fine and warm
Artist in Multiple Artist Album Type
« on: December 30, 2008, 02:54:37 am »

In the top pane where Artist is listed along with other column, I want all the tracks for each Artist to be listed in the main library listing when an Artist is selected in the top pane, regardless of whether or not the track for that artist is included in a 'Multiple Artist' Album Type.
Can I delete/rename the Album Type shown as 'Multiple Artists" ?
At present any tracks listed for an Artist do not appear in a main listing if the artist/track is included in a Multiple Artist Album Type.

smOOzz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • fine and warm
Re: Artist in Multiple Artist Album Type
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 11:17:03 am »

I'm obviously asking the question incorrectly with probably incorrect terminology.  Let me work on that and see if I can come up with a question that can be understood.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 11:19:39 am »

Did you find "Edit View Schemes"?

smOOzz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • fine and warm
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 12:04:46 pm »

Thanks JimH,    yes I am familiar with the 'Edit View Scheme' as far as being able to show the required columns in the top pane, etc, but my problem seems to be that when clicking on an Artist name in the top pane, all the individual tracks for that Artist from any Album are listed in the main library section below except those tracks for that Artist that are contained in a 'Multiple Artist' 'Album Type' which is included in the Tag for that track.  Can the Edit View Scheme be 'modified' to include ALL tracks for a selected Artist or do I somehow need to go through one by one track and insert the Artist in the Album/Artist field which seems to do the trick?

Can't seem to rename/delete/change the 'Multiple Artist' category shown under Album Type.   That would be an easier option.  Maybe I should go back to page 1 and learn the Setup basics for Multiple/Various Artists Albums.  For these I have usually inserted each individual Artist Name in the Artist field so that All tracks for an Artist would be listed when selecting an Artist from the top pane.  Only recently discovered this wasn't happening.         Thanks for any advice or clues.   

Peter

smOOzz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • fine and warm
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 12:23:29 pm »

Just looked at the Edit View Scheme in more detail and it seems I can have 2 Artist columns, one will show All tracks for the listed Artist including 'Multiple Artist' Album Types and the other Artist column does not.  I will go play around some more.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 12:28:01 pm »

You are seeing the "Album Artist (auto)" field values. MC displays this field as "Artist" in the Pane headers. You can add the standard Artist field to the view items.

If I recall correctly MC12 would then display two Artist panes and you would just need to know which is which. MC13 would show the correct field names when both are visible.

EDIT

You posted while I was writing my reply...
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

smOOzz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • fine and warm
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 12:34:33 pm »

many thanks...did not realise Artist could mean 2 different interpretations...seems problem solved...Will be soon upg to MC 13.   Keep up the good work...Great software...Great Service.
Pages: [1]   Go Up