INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: export playlist from walkman  (Read 3048 times)

Steve A

• Recent member
export playlist from walkman
« on: January 03, 2009, 01:37:40 pm »

my hard drive crashed on my desktop and I have some playlists on my sony walkman that are no longer on the desktop. I've tried exporting playlist from hand held and when I import them into desktop MC there are no songs there.  In the past I've done the same thing and been able to see the songs but they are unplayable because the link is to the handheld's file structure.

1) how can I export the playlist from the handheld and import the list back to the desktop?
2) once done, how can i change the linking to point to the files on the desktop?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: export playlist from walkman
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 02:33:05 pm »

Right click on a few files in a playlist and use Library Tools/Find and Replace. 

Steve A

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 03:22:02 pm »

thanks.  that will help when I can import the list.  right now it's not working.  here's what I'm doing:

when I click on the playlist on the walkman, export, then import to MC, instead of getting teh list, I'm getting what looks like a single song (that can't be played) with the name of the list in MPL format.  what am i doing wrong?

Steve A

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 10:01:25 am »

export/import didn't work at all -- on import the list is empty.

I tried dragging all the songs from the playlist on the walkman to a new list on the desktop; all the tracks have red x's since they reference files on the walkman.  I did find and replace as you suggested, with filename(path) selected  but nothing happens, even if i do individual tracks and type in the track name (at which point I might as well rebuild the list by hand).

any suggestions appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up