INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: About to purchase Media Center 13, but have two questions  (Read 1213 times)

cubanresourceful

• Recent member
About to purchase Media Center 13, but have two questions
« on: January 12, 2009, 02:05:28 pm »

I am on the verge on clicking, Purchase, but there is two things I really need to know!

Can we stack different encodes of the same movie? And have the same playcount, etc.? (I think this is how audio stacks work, right?

Lastly, I will be getting a laptop for school. I want to install it on my current computer, and then transfer it to my new laptop, am I allowed to do that? If so, will have have to do that license renew thing, etc.? Please explain, and thank you very much in advance.

EDIT: Make it three questions. I am currently running Media Jukebox. Will, I be able to import my entire library, with all playcounts, last played, etc.?

PS: You know what is also annoying, the fact that I cannot try out Media Center?  As soon as I install it, it says that my 30 days are up. Does this mean that it's been previous installed/uninstalled? That might be the case since this is not my computer.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: About to purchase Media Center 13, but have two questions
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 02:32:05 pm »

Thanks for thinking about buying.

You can stack multiple copies of a movie.  I don't know on playcounts.

You can install and use a single license on a reasonable number of machines you "own".

The library should import.

On the trial period issue, check the system date.

cubanresourceful

• Recent member
Re: About to purchase Media Center 13, but have two questions
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 02:41:21 pm »

I don't understand about system date, my date is January 12, 2009. I just think it may have been installed prior to this new installation unfortunetely. The most important thing is that I want a copy of all my audio in LAME MP3 format for portable players, and for movies, a 720p H.264 file, stacked with a much smaller 480p DivX file. You get me? :) Thank you for the fast reply. I've been debating whether there is money to purchase this program, and this month I have enough slack. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up