INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Customize Theater view  (Read 2159 times)

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
How to Customize Theater view
« on: January 14, 2009, 01:49:08 pm »

I can't seem to find where to customize theater view?  Specifically the video view.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  Thanks.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to Customize Theater view
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 02:09:48 pm »

Tools --> Options --> Theater View.  Then Select Video in the Items to Show list and click the Edit button.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

badger

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 12:02:40 pm »

Thanks......very cool.  I now have views for DVDs and TV shows in theater view.

I have another question that me be best for another thread (or forum), but I'll ask it anyway.

MC (13.0.104) plays all my video just fine on my PC Monitor, but now that I'm all pumped up about theater view, I'm wondering if I've reached the limits of my system, now that I've got everything hooked up to my TV.  I'm using a GeForce 7050 PV + nForce 630a (ECS)...4GB memory, with an AMD LE-1640 running at about 3000MHz.  I use the integrated on-board video (512MB shared) connected to the TV (Samsung 1080p) via the D-sub input.

My DVD rips have problems at 1920 x 1080...kind of "slo-mo" playback (both audio and video), but the quality of the picture is fine.  MC theater view is kind of "herky jerky" at HD resolution also.  If I take it down to 1366 x 768 all is cool (which is fine, because we're talking 480 for the regular DVDs), but I'd like to Play HD with this setup and leave the resolution at 1080 for everything.  The wierd thing is, my TV captures... which are also 720 x 480, will play fine with the screen resolution set to 1080.  The difference between the TV files and the DVD files is the audio (mp3 for TV and AC3 for DVD).

The above may have nothing to do with with JMRC, but I was thinking maybe the video experts in this group could counsel me on this.  Maybe there's a tweak or playback setting in JMRC?  Or maybe I just need a descrete video card for my system (which I'd rather not do because I built it very low profile in an old TIVO case).  Thanks in advance for any input.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 12:40:01 pm »

Are the DVD Rips "raw rips" (direct MPEG-2 rips without transcoding them) or have they been compressed and transcoded to MPEG-4 of some variety (like x264)?  What filters are being used for playback?  If you aren't sure, you can find this in MC by right clicking in the Playback window and choosing DirectShow Filters --> Copy graph info to clipboard and then pasting it here.

This is mine for a "raw" DVD rip (directly out of DVD Fab with no transcoding and not encased in a MKV or anything else):
Code: [Select]
Filter Graph Info:

Filter 'Default DirectSound Device'
        CLSID: {79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767}
        Host: C:\WINDOWS\system32\quartz.dll
        Input Pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)'
            Connected to pin 'Out' of filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'Video Renderer'
        CLSID: {70E102B0-5556-11CE-97C0-00AA0055595A}
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'Overlay Mixer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_Overlay, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo

Filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder'
        CLSID: {0F40E1E5-4F79-4988-B1A9-CC98794E6B55}
        Host: C:\Program Files\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\FFDShow\ffdshow.ax
        Output Pin 'Out'
            Connected to pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)' of filter 'Default DirectSound Device'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'AC3' of filter 'DVD Navigator'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_DVD_ENCRYPTED_PACK  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'Overlay Mixer'
        CLSID: {CD8743A1-3736-11D0-9E69-00C04FD7C15B}
        Host: C:\WINDOWS\system32\qdvd.dll
        Input Pin 'Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'Input2'
            Connected to pin 'XForm Out' of filter 'Line 21 Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_RGB32, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo
        Input Pin 'Input3'
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'Video Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_Overlay, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo

Filter 'Line 21 Decoder'
        CLSID: {6E8D4A20-310C-11D0-B79A-00AA003767A7}
        Input Pin 'XForm In'
            Connected to pin '~CC' of filter 'MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AUXLine21Data  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_Line21_GOPPacket, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin 'XForm Out'
            Connected to pin 'Input2' of filter 'Overlay Mixer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_RGB32, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo

Filter 'MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest)'
        CLSID: {39F498AF-1A09-4275-B193-673B0BA3D478}
        Host: C:\Program Files\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\Mpeg2DecFilter.ax
        Input Pin 'Video'
            Connected to pin 'Video' of filter 'DVD Navigator'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_DVD_ENCRYPTED_PACK  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input0' of filter 'Overlay Mixer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'SubPicture'
            Connected to pin 'SubPicture' of filter 'DVD Navigator'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_DVD_ENCRYPTED_PACK  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DVD_SUBPICTURE, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin '~CC'
            Connected to pin 'XForm In' of filter 'Line 21 Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AUXLine21Data  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_Line21_GOPPacket, Format type FORMAT_None

Filter 'DVD Navigator'
        CLSID: {9B8C4620-2C1A-11D0-8493-00A02438AD48}
        Output Pin 'Video'
            Connected to pin 'Video' of filter 'MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_DVD_ENCRYPTED_PACK  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'AC3'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_DVD_ENCRYPTED_PACK  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'SubPicture'
            Connected to pin 'SubPicture' of filter 'MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_DVD_ENCRYPTED_PACK  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DVD_SUBPICTURE, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO

My (completely uneducated) guess is that you are hitting the limits of that onboard video card, but I don't know.  It totally could be a bad/broken/stupid filter.  Most (if not all) of the processing should be handled by the CPU, not by the GPU, so in theory the GPU shouldn't matter unless you're trying to use it to do Deinterlacing or something else in the Video card drivers.

badger

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 01:32:13 pm »

Below is my directshow filter information.  My rips are raw (right from DVDFab Decrypter) MPEG-2..... and you were right about the CPU.  I clocked it up to 3.2 and the DVDs play OK now.  I assumed the video card was my issue.  We'll see how stable it will run at that speed.  Looks like I'm good to go if this continues to work.  I played about about 15min of video and no problems.  Do you see anything below that should be changed?  Looks like everything is Nero.  Thanks!

Filter 'Video Renderer'
        CLSID: {70E102B0-5556-11CE-97C0-00AA0055595A}
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'Overlay Mixer'

Filter 'Default DirectSound Device'
        CLSID: {79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767}
        Input Pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)'
            Connected to pin 'Digital Audio Out' of filter 'Nero Digital Audio Decoder'

Filter 'Nero Digital Audio Decoder'
        CLSID: {138130AF-A79B-45D5-B4AA-87697457BA87}
        Host: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeAudio.ax
        Input Pin 'Digital Audio In'
            Connected to pin 'AC3' of filter 'DVD Navigator'
        Output Pin 'Digital Audio Out'
            Connected to pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)' of filter 'Default DirectSound Device'

Filter 'Overlay Mixer'
        CLSID: {CD8743A1-3736-11D0-9E69-00C04FD7C15B}
        Input Pin 'Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Video Out' of filter 'Nero Video Decoder'
        Input Pin 'Input2'
            Connected to pin 'XForm Out' of filter 'Line 21 Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_RGB555, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo
        Input Pin 'Input3'
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'Video Renderer'

Filter 'Line 21 Decoder'
        CLSID: {6E8D4A20-310C-11D0-B79A-00AA003767A7}
        Input Pin 'XForm In'
            Connected to pin 'Line21 Out' of filter 'Nero Video Decoder'
        Output Pin 'XForm Out'
            Connected to pin 'Input2' of filter 'Overlay Mixer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_RGB555, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo

Filter 'Nero Video Decoder'
        CLSID: {C0BA9CF8-96E0-4C34-B5DE-E92C3FC05ED6}
        Host: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeVideo.ax
        Input Pin 'Video In'
            Connected to pin 'Video' of filter 'DVD Navigator'
        Output Pin 'Video Out'
            Connected to pin 'Input0' of filter 'Overlay Mixer'
        Input Pin 'SubPicture In'
            Connected to pin 'SubPicture' of filter 'DVD Navigator'
        Output Pin 'Line21 Out'
            Connected to pin 'XForm In' of filter 'Line 21 Decoder'

Filter 'DVD Navigator'
        CLSID: {9B8C4620-2C1A-11D0-8493-00A02438AD48}
        Output Pin 'Video'
            Connected to pin 'Video In' of filter 'Nero Video Decoder'
        Output Pin 'AC3'
            Connected to pin 'Digital Audio In' of filter 'Nero Digital Audio Decoder'
        Output Pin 'SubPicture'
            Connected to pin 'SubPicture In' of filter 'Nero Video Decoder'

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 03:22:00 pm »

I've had performance issues with the Nero filters in the past.  Perhaps that is part of your problem.  The stuff that comes built in with CCCP works fairly well, but I really prefer the Cyberlink decoders or the Nvidia PureVideo decoders.

Neither of those two are free though (which is why I happened to just have the CCCP/Gabest ones on the system I pasted the info from above).

In the past I've had trouble getting the Nero ones to let go without removing them from the system.  That was with old, old Nero 6 though, so who knows with current versions.

badger

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 01:19:15 am »

I'll try the Nvidia PureVideo.  It looks like they have a 30 day trial.  Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up