INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Former President Bush  (Read 2687 times)

gt93grad

• World Citizen
Former President Bush
« on: January 26, 2009, 11:38:32 pm »

Since the inauguration ceremonies and celebrations have ended, I would like to thank our former President, George Bush.

Whatever your views, I hope you will join me in wishing him well, and thank him for the incredible feat of keeping us safe from a determined enemy for seven long dangerous years.

I hope the world will eventually recognize his contributions to our country--and to the world.

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Former President Bush
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 11:46:21 pm »

The word on the street always seemed to be that he was horrible but as soon as Obama was elected, I started reading a few things about how he actually did do a pretty decent job at a lot of things...I don't care to elaborate.  I'm not highly political in any way.

gt93grad

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 11:56:15 pm »

Well, you're right, but the left will NEVER admit it.  Who has given more funding to Africa than any man in history?  George Bush.  But you never heard that in the news did you?

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 12:07:32 am »

I do like what Obama is pushing: being held accountable and making his actions highly public.  Check out the new site!  A weekly online address from him!  That's very cool.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 07:10:25 am »

I hope the world will eventually recognize his contributions to our country--and to the world.

There are a few countries & a big part of africa that recognise him but i think the biggest win of Iraq is for the US.

Location, Location, Location

This post not to be construed as sarcasm

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 07:23:56 am »

Is political discussion and debate now permitted on this forum?

Because this thread surely tempts fate and invites response that would certainly be considered political.
So, rather than rant on, I will be respectful of Interact (for the time-being) and merely state that I have strong opinions on this matter.
. . . the game is rigged

gt93grad

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 09:02:20 am »

That was my point in posting this thread.  I couldn't believe that someone posted one about about Obama, and said it "wasn't political", but I knew as soon as I posted the same thing about Bush, it would suddenly become not worthy for the boards.  I was right.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 09:25:28 am »

I think you're dismissing the intent of my original post, which was simply to welcome the new President, and to appeal to all for what is called "civil discourse".

What has passed for "politics" in the last decade has not been "polite" or "civil" discourse.  We need to change that.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 12:31:50 pm »

What has passed for "politics" in the last decade has not been "polite" or "civil" discourse.  We need to change that.

I don't think it ever is, No matter who is in office, And this goes back to the beginning of this country.

It is said that debate is good for the country, to get all opinions and options on the table.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

gt93grad

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 03:01:13 pm »

I agree JimH.  At the inauguration rappers who were part of the celebration (as in, up on the stage) went off about the N***** President, and down with the white people.  The crowd BOOOed Bush when he took the stage.  The hate from the left is out of control.  By the way, NBC News thought it was so great they showed clips of it--not in a negative way.

None of that happened when Clinton left office.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 03:34:35 pm »

The hate from the left is out of control. 

Hate knows no boundaries, believe me.
. . . the game is rigged
Pages: [1]   Go Up