INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tagging not updating on main machine  (Read 1642 times)

principal_X

• Junior Woodchuck
tagging not updating on main machine
« on: January 30, 2009, 12:13:27 am »

Hi all,

For some reason my tagging isn't reflecting on my other machine.  It's been working great for months.   My ripping setup is I rip CDs and tag on my office PC in J River.  Normally the other PC running J River would automatically sync the tagging changes I have made.  Now it is not.  I am just seeing the actual filename in the "Name" property and that's it.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

principal_X

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: tagging not updating on main machine
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 06:29:21 pm »

anyone have ideas?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 12:32:49 am »

Have you verified that the tags are saved to the files? You can click the first "format" line in Action Window > Tag to open a tag dump that comes directly from the file. If the tags are not there maybe you have accidentally set MC to not save tags in Options > General > Importing & Tagging > Update tags when file info changes.

You didn't say what file format you use, but assume you have not changed the encoding format after the last time it worked (wave files don't support tagging).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

principal_X

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 11:34:22 pm »

ripping to FLAC.  Thanks, I will check it out.

principal_X

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 01:05:10 am »

Ok.  I had some time tonight to look into this.  I verified that there is tag information in the FLAC files themselves by opening them up notepad.  I also verified that my office machine is reading the tags from the local database by removing tags in JRiver and then verified the tags were gone from the FLAC and then checked tags in JRiver and they were still there.

However, that still leaves my other machine (where the files are physically stored) unable to read any tagging info.  How does my other machine sync tags with the other machine I ripped them from?  I am at a loss as what to do.  I can't rip anymore CDs given that the tag info isn't propagating to the machine that I copying them to. 

Maybe a reinstall???

principal_X

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 08:48:46 pm »

I installed version 13 in parallel to my version 12 and the tags are still not coming up.  Does anyone have any idea on what is going on with what I am seeing? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up