INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Few Comments and a Question - JTS Files  (Read 1291 times)

dennismf

• Recent member
A Few Comments and a Question - JTS Files
« on: February 01, 2009, 02:26:31 pm »

The improvements in MC 13 TV handling over the past few months has been remarkable. I was using Vista's Media Center as my TV player but have now moved to MC 13. For me it is at least as stable as the other options and offers excellent functionality.

The JTS video format is very confusing. I can understand the need for a custom format for timeshifting etc. Especially the advanced form present in MC13. If there a tool that can extract mpg files from jts? Even a simple demultiplexer producing conventional video and audio files would help. I suspect that MC13 developers would have this type of tool for their own diagnostic purposes.

Regardless - Fine work

Dennis M-F

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: A Few Comments and a Question - JTS Files
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 10:08:51 am »

Thanks for the kind words.

Our focus these last months has been with usability of the television system.  Once we're satisfied on that front, we'll do some work to allow muxing of digital TV to MPG or some other format.

For now, remember that each recording gets its own folder.  As long as you keep the folder together, you can play the JTV files in another Media Center or in several other Directshow players.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: A Few Comments and a Question - JTS Files
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 10:31:36 am »

As for a "demultiplexer", it is our reader filter "MJTSReaderFilter".  In recent builds, I have made sure the filter is properly registered with the system so other DirectShow enabled applications can open jts and jtv files (MJTSReaderFilter should be automatically loaded).  The filter has two output pins - an audio and a video.

ZoomPlayer (which is DirectShow based) plays jts/jtv files.  Windows Media Player plays jtv files, but not jts files.  I do not know for sure why Windows Media Player rejects jts files, but I think it may do so because jts files are "too short".
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up