INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two Media Server questions  (Read 582 times)

Sinnerman

Two Media Server questions
« on: July 19, 2002, 03:47:25 pm »

Hi All,

My roommate and I are both using MJ on our separate desktop machines to connect to our MJ Media Server computer. Listening to our collection works fine, but:

1) We are unable to rip a new CD to the server (from a client). I'm guessing that this is not supported, since the Tools/Copy (Rip) CD menu item is greyed out when connected to a server. But, the "Rip CD" button in the toolbar is still active. I can Rip a CD to the shared drive on the server, but the Media Library on the server is not updated. Is the server's media library supposed to be writable, or is it read-only? Is it a bug that the "Rip CD" button is active?

2) If I'm connected to a server and add a new playlist on my client, everything works OK until I disconnect from the server and then reconnect. The playlist that I had created disappears. Shouldn't the playlist be saved on my client?

Thanks.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Two Media Server questions
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2002, 03:53:55 pm »

Rip locally and then transfer the files.  

Both of the features you want may be possible, but MJ doesn't do them yet.

Nice to hear that playback is working for you.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Alan

RE:Two Media Server questions
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2002, 07:08:36 am »

Is there a way to rip from the local client but *not* have the files imported to the client's library? I have multiple MJ clients that connect to a MJ server and I don't want any of the clients to have their own library.

Thanks,
Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up