INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 13.0.124 -- Available here  (Read 3253 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 13.0.124 -- Available here
« on: February 17, 2009, 06:17:44 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 13.0.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC13.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC13/MediaCenter130124.exe

13.0.124 (02/17/2009)

1. NEW: Many improvements to MCE remote support (catches Green button, disabled MCE handler while running, better key mappings, etc.).
2. NEW: A new OSD menu item for television recording.
3. Fixed: The "Customize View..." dialog would not always show the correct columns when customizing the "Bottom" portion of a library view.
4. Fixed: MC could crash when logging media type info that included invalid data.
5. Fixed: Artist Info (under Playing Now, etc.) link was not working properly.
6. Fixed: Playing Live TV (using the MCE Remote button, etc.) would not put channels in order, so channel up and down didn't work as expected.

13.0.123 (02/13/2009)

1. Fixed: After saving a custom equalizer profile, sliders could become unmovable.
2. Fixed: In rare cases (only one case witnessed to date), thumbnailing a large image could switch a large swatch of black to white.
3. NEW: MC will try to record a television program retrospectively from the beginning if the user schedules its recording after the program has already been running for a while and the user already has been watching it in time-shifting mode.
4. Fixed: When configuring a television subscription based on time, the default start time and duration could be shifted a little.
5. NEW: Norway DVT-T frequency table included.
6. Changed: When entering supported file types for a handheld, if comma or pipe are used for a delimiter, they will be automatically be changed to a semi-colon.
7. Fixed: The "Locate" menu shown when clicking on the information about the playing track would not always work correctly.
8. Fixed: Scheduled television subscriptions based on time could include days that were not selected by the user.
9. Fixed: In certain cases, a playing file would not show up in My Computer views.
10. Optimized: Loading the tree for My Computer views is faster. (for example, locating a file inside the program is about twice as fast)
11. Changed: It is possible to use expressions and edit multiple, varied files, when in-place editing list style fields.
12. Fixed: In-place edit of list-style fields could scroll the list in unexpected ways.
13. NEW: A new "TV Recording" context menu to start or stop recording on currently playing channel.

13.0.122 (02/12/2009)

1. Fixed: The view change roller in Theater View could cause a crash (only applies to build 121).
2. Changed: When loading an empty / invalid library using Library Manager, it no longer asks about using a library from a previous version (if it exists).
3. Fixed: Import of WPL (Windows Media Player playlist) files wasn't working properly.

13.0.121 (02/11/2009)

1. NEW: Top Theater View roller in audio and video library views has a Playing Now link.  Select or press right on the top roller to enter Playing Now, press left to return.
2. NEW: Top Theater View roller in Playing Now contains Big Screen link that works like the Playing Now link in library views.
3. Optimized: Theater View rollers draw faster and look smoother.
4. Changed: Revised the rules for if Playing Now's selection tracks with track changes so that if the list is hidden the selection will always track.
    (also tracks when played or next track is visible; but does not track when manually scrolled away from playback position)
5. Changed: MC uses the more sensible total data size for "File Size" of television recordings (jtv, jts files), instead of just the size of the stub files.
6. Fixed: The search suggestion system was not ignoring accents.
7. Changed: Search engine no longer ignores accents when doing an exact match type search like [Artist]=[Maná] (this makes panes, etc. work more logically in cases where you have, for example, both Mana and Maná).
8. Changed: Right-click the column header for an expression column shows a menu item to allow editing the expression and name.
9. NEW: Made audio engine prebuffering configurable in Options > Playback (possibly helpful with uneven network connections, etc.).
10. Changed: Slight organization change in Options > Playback.
11. Optimized: Parsing XMLTV files is over 10x faster.

13.0.120 (02/10/2009)

1. NEW: Improved Television view so that the buttons shown at the top are more logical. (i.e. "Cancel Recording" to stop a recording instead of "Record")
2. NEW: Added a "Delete" button to the television view for deleting recorded programs from disk.
3. Changed: The tooltip for a televion program appears when mousing over any column instead of just the status column.
4. Changed: The tooltip for a television program includes information about what a double-click will do.
5. Changed: Changing the television view filter resets the selected channel.
6. Fixed: The search suggestions in the television view didn't properly show televion program names.
7. NEW: Added option to reset mc2xml settings when loading television program guide.
8. Fixed: The cover art lookup dialog could fail to load images after the first page of results.
9. NEW: Removed the summary page from the television recording wizard.
10. Fixed: Playing streaming content from some sites could cause occasional pauses in the main user interface.
11. Fixed: Playback range sanity check added in build 118 could cause problems with CUE playback.
12. NEW: MC allows recording television shows without EPG.
13. Fixed: Visualization was not available when Playback Method "JRiver audio engine (using DirectShow)" was used.
14. Fixed: MC would crash when playing some audio streams from the internet (such as AAC+ streams from SHOUTcast) in "JRiver audio engine (using DirectShow)".

13.0.119 (02/06/2009)

1. Fixed: A corrupted PNG file could cause a crash.
2. Fixed: Parsing of JPEG files that contained restart markers would not always work properly.
3. Fixed: Analyze audio (or possibly other multi-threaded file operations) could crash in rare cases.

13.0.118 (02/05/2009)

1. Fixed: After converting from a 'cue' type file to another format, playback wouldn't work because of an invalid playback range value in the database.
2. Fixed: Playback ranges are sanity checked against the duration to avoid apparent playback failures.
3. Fixed: Album thumbnail views could crash (only applies to build 117).
4. Fixed: In views, using a grouping (i.e. A-C, D-F, etc.) in front of values with a path like keywords would not work properly.
5. Fixed: When user chose to save television time-shifting files, the jts file was imported without adding reference-counting.

13.0.117 (02/04/2009)

1. Optimized: Video thumbnailing runs around 30% faster.
2. Optimized: Video import around 35% faster.
3. Changed: Videos played in Directshow get dimensions during thumbnailing instead of during import.
4. Changed: Tweaked scheduling of television recordings so consecutive recordings on the same channel are done on the same tuner.
5. Fixed: Some non-editable fields like width and height would allow in-place editing that had no effect.
6. Fixed: User configured sorting would not be properly applied to library views of album groupings.
7. Changed: Improved television view handling of subscription programs not being recorded because they're the second showing on the same day.
8. Fixed: When manually disabling recording for the first showing of a subscription on a day, the second showing wouldn't automatically enable for recording.
9. Changed: Television recording could say "This program has already finished." when attempting to configure a recording or subscription earlier in the day, when there are times it's necessary to adjust the settings of earlier recordings (to handle extending past the end, recurring subscriptions, etc.)
10. Changed: Added several maintenance routines to the television recording database to ensure old programs, programs on deleted channels, duplicate subscriptions, etc. get cleaned up.
11. Fixed: When multiple television recordings were done during a single time-shifting session reference counting was not done correctly, so deleting the first recording would delete data for subsequent recordings.
12. Fixed: Some illegal characters (from EPG) ended up in jtv filenames for television recordings.
13. Fixed: Minimizing the program with DSP Studio showing could make it impossible to get DSP Studio to show again.
14. Fixed: "Toggle List Style" is no longer shown in Theater View search since searching automatically picks a list style based on results.
15. Fixed: Certain WAVE files would not play.
16. Fixed: The MCC_THEATER_VIEW command would show unexpected views when used with library items like SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODE_AUDIO.
17. NEW: Added support for WPL (Windows Media Player) playlists.

13.0.116 (02/03/2009)

1. Optimized: Many more optimizations to loading of library views. (example: loading complicated library view with 450,000 album library: v114 = 756 seconds; v115 = 19 seconds; v116 = 12 seconds)
2. Fixed: In an image list, grouping by keywords would show "[Group Name]" in the group header instead of the keyword.
3. Fixed: MCC_PLAY_TV MCC command did not work properly in the last couple of builds.
4. Fixed: Using a large font could cause buttons to overlap in list management toolboxes (now buttons are combined into a single "Commands..." button that shows a menu when there is no space)
5. Fixed: Background over-the-air EPG scanning was not silent.
6. Changed: Choosing a large font in options could cause the player area to draw incorrectly. (menu fonts are now sized down to fit instead of overlapping or pushing the skin out of place)
7. Changed: Changes to Theater View options to (hopefully) make configuration more intuitive.
8. Fixed: On a fresh install, the player could incorrectly report that it found a library from a previous version.

MusicHawk

Multi-value field pick list BROKEN
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 10:26:30 pm »

The bug I reported in .123 is still in .124. It makes tag editing a big pain so I'm stuck with .119 on my editing machine.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=50592.msg345870#msg345870
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Media Center 13.0.124 -- Available here
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 03:37:05 am »

Sync list delete dialog confusion...

This dialog could use a little rewording to be more clear.  From where is the selected track going to be deleted? ?

• the sync list
  • the library
  • on disk

or some mysterious combination?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 05:44:12 am »

A couple of things in Television.

1. If I'm recording a TV show in the background, change to TV and watch the channel I'm recording, then change to a different channel, I still get audio from the channel that's recording, plus the audio from the show I'm watching.

2. I read previously that if I started watching a channel whilst I was recording it, it would actually play that channel from the beginning of the recording. This isn't happening.

2. There are times when I'm recording in the background I'll try to watch another channel and get the message box saying I'm recording a channel, choose stop recording, watch channel being recorded, cancel etc. as if MC is trying to access the tuner that I'm recording on instead of the other tuner on my card...

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 08:56:37 am »

A couple of things in Television.

From your last statement, you have multiple tuners.  My answers below will be based on that assumption.

1. If I'm recording a TV show in the background, change to TV and watch the channel I'm recording, then change to a different channel, I still get audio from the channel that's recording, plus the audio from the show I'm watching.

If you watch a channel that you are recording in the background, we load the same tuner that is doing the recording and play from recorded buffer.  If you then try to change channel, you should get a warning.  If you want to watch a different channel, you should click Stop button to stop current playback, and start watching a different channel.  This way a different tuner will be loaded.

2. I read previously that if I started watching a channel whilst I was recording it, it would actually play that channel from the beginning of the recording. This isn't happening.

It should.

2. There are times when I'm recording in the background I'll try to watch another channel and get the message box saying I'm recording a channel, choose stop recording, watch channel being recorded, cancel etc. as if MC is trying to access the tuner that I'm recording on instead of the other tuner on my card...

See my answer to 1.  If you are recording and watching, you should stop first before switching channels.

I found a problem and will fix it soon.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 10:16:45 am »

Recent Commands does not include  Locate

Locate-advanced-name takes awhile to get to.. would be nice if you could add it to the recent command list.

also.  (I think this was brought up before, but I cannot find it)
in TAG
If I select several items and the NAME is different would be nice to show the list so a change all could be done like other fields. works for ARTIST
I don't need the full list of names.. only the ones that are highlighted.
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 12:22:27 am »

1:20 am EST - Cannot download the latest version. Timeout.  ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 07:18:02 am »

1:20 am EST - Cannot download the latest version. Timeout.  ?
It's working for me.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 07:54:07 am »

Cheers Yaobing.  :)

Another one...

Drives & Devices > Televsion > Configure > Settings

Occasionally will close settings window straight away and render program unresponsive.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 08:56:06 am »

Drives & Devices > Televsion > Configure > Settings

Occasionally will close settings window straight away and render program unresponsive.

Email me (or attach on this board) a log next time this happens.  Do you have automatic update of OTA ASTC EPG on?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 09:11:00 am »

Umm... not quite sure what you mean...

I have auto update of EPG on, but am using xmltv-like grabber not OTA.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 12:07:24 pm »

A couple of bugs to report. These have been in every release of MC13 that I've tried, and relate to video playback.

1) If you skip 30 seconds ahead one or more times using the OSD, it will incorrectly display the position (time elapsed/total file duration). Usually it's 30 seconds behind, until you go to the next/previous OSD parameter and return to "position". Then it will magically show the correct time/position again.

2) Transport stream (.TS) files do not seem to be supported at all. I can never get playback of these files any more. It's not a directshow problem, as my MC12 plays back these same files properly with exactly the same filters in the chain, whether the video is h264, mpeg2 or VC-1 encoded. Sometimes nothing happens and sometimes MC13 goes to a blank screen and requires application termination. One of my workarounds right now is to externally launch MC12 from MC13 to play these files (with the same filters specified!). I believe I've mentioned this one before.
Here's part of an error message from one of my PCs running MC13:

DirectShow: Class not Registered
Code=0x80040154

JONCAT

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 01:40:08 pm »

Converting .ape to .mp3 (CBR 320) is causing errors on .ape files that have been verified with MAC 4.05; the screenshot below is from about 4 seconds after beginning conversion to local folder.

DC

Media Center 13.0.124 Registered -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 13\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)
Intel Core 2 2998 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2097 MB, Free - 1342 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive Q: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No

Burning /  Drive Q: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Device info dump for 'Cea':

WMDMName:
DeviceUID: {526673A7-80B2-4041-BA63-8A2E2DED4745}
CanonicalName:
VendorName: ; VendorID:
ProductID: ; FirmwareVersion:
WMDMSerialNumber: NULL
WMDMWriteOurOwnPlaylists:
DeviceType: 4; DeviceID: ; DeviceName: ; UnsupportedDevice: 0
IsDrive: 1; DriveLetter: ; DrivePath: X:\public\Pictures; MainDriveLetter:
IsJanusCapable: ; IsIpod: ;iTunesDBVersion:
SupportsAlbumArt: ; AlbumArtEnabled: 1; CoverArtTagRule: 0; SaveCoverArtToFolderJPG: 0
GetPlayStatsFromDevice: 0; SupportsFolders: -1; PlaylistFormat: 0; EjectMode: ; AlwaysPumpCOMMessages: 0
SupportedFileTypes: *
ContextMenus:
MemoryTypes:
InstallURL:
ApplicationName: Media Center
ImageName:
RootBasePath:
AudioBasePath: [Artist]\[Album]\
ImageBasePath: [Date (Year)]\[Month]\
VideoBasePath: Video\
DataBasePath: Data\
PlaylistBasePath: Playlists\
DatabaseBasePath:
AudibleBasePath: Audible\
MatchKeyExpression: If(IsEqual([Media Type], Image), [Name][File Size, 0], [Name]Clean([Artist], 1)[Album][Genre]FormatNumber([track #, 0])[Media Type])
ChangeKeyExpression: [Rating]
ResyncIfDateModified: 1

Device info dump for 'iPhone (1)':

WMDMName:
DeviceUID: {D059BAFA-F889-4AD1-8FBE-364030837F3D}
CanonicalName:
IsDrive: 1; DriveLetter: ; DrivePath: D:\iPhone; MainDriveLetter:
SupportsAlbumArt: ; AlbumArtEnabled: 1; CoverArtTagRule: 1; SaveCoverArtToFolderJPG: 0
GetPlayStatsFromDevice: 0; SupportsFolders: -1; PlaylistFormat: 0; EjectMode: ; AlwaysPumpCOMMessages: 0
SupportedFileTypes: mp3
ContextMenus:
MemoryTypes:
InstallURL:
ImageName:
RootBasePath:
AudioBasePath: [File Type]\[Album Artist (auto)]\[Album]\
ImageBasePath: Images\[Month]\
DatabaseBasePath:
AudibleBasePath: Audible\
MatchKeyExpression: If(IsEqual([Media Type], Image), [Name][File Size, 0], [Name]Clean([Artist], 1)[Album][Genre]FormatNumber([track #, 0])[Media Type])
ResyncIfDateModified: 0

Device info dump for 'mp3 library':

WMDMName:
DeviceUID: {0BD28945-4C06-437E-916C-D00FC6CE0C80}
CanonicalName:
IsDrive: 1; DriveLetter: ; DrivePath: J:\Mp3 Library; MainDriveLetter:
SupportsAlbumArt: ; AlbumArtEnabled: 1; CoverArtTagRule: 1; SaveCoverArtToFolderJPG: 0
SupportedFileTypes: mp3;m4a
ContextMenus:
MemoryTypes:
InstallURL:
ImageName:
RootBasePath:
AudioBasePath: [Album Artist (auto)]\[Album]\
ImageBasePath: Images\
DatabaseBasePath:
AudibleBasePath:
ResyncIfDateModified: 0

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active/Enabled)
  TiVo Server
  UPnP Server
  Playing Now
Pages: [1]   Go Up