INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7.1 sound card issues  (Read 1545 times)

jpataylor

• Recent member
7.1 sound card issues
« on: February 27, 2009, 10:17:43 am »

Hi all,

I'm running MC13 with a SB Audigy 5.1 sound card, an SB X-FI Extreme Audio sound card and Vacard. At the moment I have 4 zones - one to Vacard1, 1 to the Audigy and 2 to the X-Fi. Everything was running ok using Direct Sound except thayt I could only access C+LFE and RR+RL on the X-Fi then suddenly everything played out of the default card (Audigy) no matter where it was supposed to play! After trying various things to no avail I re-installed MC13 and now everything seems to be working fine except that if I try to route sound to SR+SL or RR+RL on the X-Fi without routing anything to FR+FL it comes out of FR+FL instead! I've tried using direct sound and ASIO4all and have the same issue with both. It's not a problem at the moment because I don't need to use all of the channels but I am hoping to expand at some point. I'm guessing it's a driver issue, possibly even an intentional feature of the card, but if anybody has any experience or suggestions I would appreciate your help.

On a separate point there is no option to direct sound to SR+SL in MC13 for the 7.1 card - is this because it has not been designed to do it?

Thanks,

J

ng12345

Re: 7.1 sound card issues
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 08:51:44 pm »

I haven't seen any replies to this yet; do you know if MC12 supports the 7.1 card?

am trying to create a multi-zone setup and have 2 7.1 cards on the system

was hoping to get at least 6 zones out of it
1 5.1
5 2-speaker zones

however MC13 only recognizes each card as a 5.1 card -- is there a fix on the horizon?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 07:07:33 am »

This thread might help.

ng12345

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 03:06:21 pm »

thank you for the link -- but the issue is that surround left and surround right do not show up in the drop down box;

right now i can create 3 zones using a 7.1 sound card (the same that I could create with a 5.1 sound card) -- I can't create the 4th zone since SR and SL don't show up as options in the drop down.

the 3 zones work perfectly -- i am using MC with netremote and it is a pretty close to ideal solution (short of going all out with multizone hardware keypads, etc).  however i would like to use all 8 channels if possible as it would save me having to buy another sound card.

ng12345

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 09:05:55 pm »

In case other people are wondering; I was able to get the other zones created.

Instead of using DirectSound; I downloaded ASIO4ALL and used that to control the integrated soundcard

this allowed me to create 4 zones out of the 7.1 integrated card
and create another zone from the previously unused rear surround channels on the asus sound card
Pages: [1]   Go Up