INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox doesn't find quite a few of my album covers or a lot of CD info  (Read 4862 times)

npearce

• Recent member

I listen to a lot of really underground extreme metal type music, and Media Jukebox seems to be lacking significantly in tag info, album info, cover art, etc. for my music files.  So far I've had to manually input every single CD I've ripped.  Is there some setting I don't know about?  Probably 50% to 75% of my imported library mp3's got correct tags and cover art.  I've used programs that pull info from Freedb or Amazon, and they do a little better than Media Jukebox is doing.  Any help is appreciated.

AoXoMoXoA

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!

Media Center/Jukebox do fair getting info and covers but does leave alot to be desired. Hopefully someday, with enough user input YADB will grow to the point of being good or maybe even great.
It certainly has improved since it's early days.

In the meantime, what are these 'other programs' you mention?
. . . the game is rigged

npearce

• Recent member

Any number of mp3 tagging programs.  I've literally tried at least 25 (Fixtunes, mp3 tag this, mp3 tag that, mp3 tag blah, blah, blah).  I didn't need the extensive tagging capabilities of any of them.  I've also tried a couple album art downloaders, but I'm not finding anything I like.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

We moved the database to a new server last week, and it didn't behave well for the first few days. 

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=50816.msg347089#msg347089

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!

Any number of mp3 tagging programs.  I've literally tried at least 25 (Fixtunes, mp3 tag this, mp3 tag that, mp3 tag blah, blah, blah).  I didn't need the extensive tagging capabilities of any of them.  I've also tried a couple album art downloaders, but I'm not finding anything I like.

I've pretty much found the same, so have been waiting, hoping, and working to help improve YADB. Considering how far MC has come I am sure YADB will eventually catch-up.

Hey Jim, any chance that since you have MJ/MC variants handling music download stores and music services that YADB could assimilate some of that tag and image data? It seems to me that could greatly accelerate YADB's growth.
And thanks for the new server, the additional speed will be appreciated.
. . . the game is rigged

npearce

• Recent member

I'm using another program to add cover art to albums.  It is embedding the cover art into the album tag.  What exactly does this mean, and where does the image file end up?  I can't find it in the album folder.  How can I make Media Jukebox find these files?  If they're embedded in the album tag does Media Jukebox automatically find them?

Frobozz

• There is a small mailbox here.

I'm using another program to add cover art to albums.  It is embedding the cover art into the album tag.  What exactly does this mean, and where does the image file end up?  I can't find it in the album folder.  How can I make Media Jukebox find these files?  If they're embedded in the album tag does Media Jukebox automatically find them?

Media Jukebox (and Media Center) can find and use cover art that's embedded in the tag info.  Go to Tools >> Options... >> File Location >> Cover Art - Also store image in the file's tag
Pages: [1]   Go Up