INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Few Questions  (Read 1597 times)

DawnB

A Few Questions
« on: March 04, 2009, 02:43:32 am »

Hi,

I'm a new user to Media Center 13 & I love it (I paid for it already). I've set it up & searched through the forum for some answers I can't seem to find the answer to the following questions

1. Will Media Center play Protected WMV files? like Digital Movie files that come with DVDs. I have the Digital Movie files for Mamma Mia & Prince Caspian on my computer but Media Center won't play them. WMP & Zoom Player Pro play the movies fine.

2. Is there a way to hide videos from the Audio view? I added some videos to the Video section but now when I click on Audio then Artist (The only Library view I use in Audio) it lists the videos as well. (When importing audio I only had mp3 file format checked & when importing video I had all audio formats unchecked, audio & videos are stored in different dirs) As a temp fix I changed the artist on all my imported videos to "Videos" so they all appear in 1 place under the Audio view.

3. Is there a way to get videos to play in a detached window automaticly?

4. When in Thumbnail Artist view is there a way to get it to sure a certain thumbnail for each artist? It seems to pick the default artist thumbnail randomly from the album thumbnails.

Dawn

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: A Few Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 07:13:05 am »

Welcome to the forum.
1. Will Media Center play Protected WMV files? like Digital Movie files that come with DVDs. I have the Digital Movie files for Mamma Mia & Prince Caspian on my computer but Media Center won't play them. WMP & Zoom Player Pro play the movies fine.
Yes, but some WM DRM uses a higher level of protection that prevents MC from playing.  You can set MC to use the Windows Media Player to play those back.  It's in options for Playback/Video or in File Types (depending on your version).
2. Is there a way to hide videos from the Audio view? I added some videos to the Video section but now when I click on Audio then Artist (The only Library view I use in Audio) it lists the videos as well. (When importing audio I only had mp3 file format checked & when importing video I had all audio formats unchecked, audio & videos are stored in different dirs) As a temp fix I changed the artist on all my imported videos to "Videos" so they all appear in 1 place under the Audio view.
Videos shouldn't appear under Audio unless the filetype is normally audio.  Container filetypes are sometimes a problem (AVI, MKV, MP4...).  Please start a new thread with details and a subject that describes the problem.  If the subject is specific, you're more likely to get help.

Explore the options for playback.
4. When in Thumbnail Artist view is there a way to get it to sure a certain thumbnail for each artist? It seems to pick the default artist thumbnail randomly from the album thumbnails.
Hover over the thumb and it will switch.

DawnB

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 07:19:14 pm »

Explore the options for playback.

I've been over every option in Playblack & don't see an option to make all videos play in an detached window automaticly. One thing I noticed is when I click DVD settings MC crashes

Hover over the thumb and it will switch.

yes but I was looking for a way to set a default artist thumbnail, the hover works but when you close MC & reopen it goes back to the random thumbnail it picked.

matt_1845

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 08:43:26 am »

Hi

Did anyone every manage to answer Q4 as this is bugging me as well?

I would like to be able to choose the default artist thumbnail.  I appreciate that I can hover over it and it changes, but then when I turn off and return it goes back to the original choice.

Is it possible to choose the default artist thumbnails?

matt
Pages: [1]   Go Up