INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: simple question about syncing  (Read 1841 times)

radman2020

simple question about syncing
« on: March 06, 2009, 08:51:31 am »

I have a large library of songs.   My son has a small one....and they are all on his sansa mp3 player.

He wants to sync with the media center so all his songs go on the computer in his own music folder and then have the computer update and sync only with his songs...  not all my songs.

I have made a music folder for him on the computer but can't seem to find a way to designate the songs on his mp3 player to go to it and only sync with that folder.

any suggestions?  Can you sync with a playlist?  Can I make a smartlist (didn't see a way to choose a folder on that)?

do I need a new library?  and if so, how do I get it to sync to the computer the first time and put them on the computer?

not to make it more difficult but his mp3 player has a sd card which the media center sees as a separate mp3 player...

thx

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: simple question about syncing
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 10:10:56 am »

I believe if your computer sees his handheld as a removable drive, you can just copy all his mp3s to his folder, import the folder, then create a playlist in MC13 based on that folder path.  Then setup the handheld in Tools-Options-handheld to sync with his playlist.

radman2020

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 10:22:07 am »

thanks!!

I did most of that...  but can't see how to designate a Path in the playlist.  I am still using version 12 so maybe this is a new feature?   I tried to make a smartlist but this also doesn't seem to allow me to put in all songs from a certain folder or path.

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 12:15:25 pm »

I am unfamiliar with version 12, but in 13 you'd create a smartlist with a rule that says "filename (path)" is or contains "c:\music\your son's folder".... as an example.

radman2020

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 12:17:56 pm »

it has that feature and I did that but id didn't seem to work... I'll try again.

thanks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up