INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Showroom in theaterview  (Read 1376 times)

)p(

• Citizen of the Universe
Showroom in theaterview
« on: March 08, 2009, 12:53:05 am »

I and especially my girlfriend really like the 3d wall in theater view for browsing through photo's. Actually I think it would be cool if I could add it to the last level in my browsing hierarchy instead of the tumbnails liststyle.

That brings me to my question why is the 3d wall a special item Showroom and not jut a different liststyle in theaterview? Its looks to me just as a different way to show a list of items. Why not treat it as such?

Further I was wondering if there are plans to make the texture so that it keeps the original aspect ratio..that would make browsing the photo's with it even more useful!

As a finishing touch maybe even a skinnable border frame could be added to the textures.

peter

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Showroom in theaterview
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 01:54:50 am »

Further I was wondering if there are plans to make the texture so that it keeps the original aspect ratio..that would make browsing the photo's with it even more useful!

This makes viewing DVD cover art strange since a large portion of the top and bottom are removed.  I bet it helps optimize the speed of the utility greatly, though!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 11:03:09 am »

I and especially my girlfriend really like the 3d wall in theater view for browsing through photo's.

Thanks.  It's fun to be girlfriend-approved.

That brings me to my question why is the 3d wall a special item Showroom and not jut a different liststyle in theaterview? Its looks to me just as a different way to show a list of items. Why not treat it as such?

This is because it's new and experimental.  With time, we'll integrate and feature it more.

This would be nice.  The trick is how to keep it from looking jaggered from having both landscape and portrait images.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

)p(

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 03:32:30 am »

Thanks.  It's fun to be girlfriend-approved.

;D

This would be nice.  The trick is how to keep it from looking jaggered from having both landscape and portrait images.

Maybe you could enable it in one build so we could see how it looks and try to make suggestions how to make it look right. I suspect with photo's with just two different sizes it will look not that bad without changes. With posters and the like it might look very messy indeed. Another idea would be to have squares for audio, portrait/landscape for images, 16:9 rectangle for video with black bars inside it for other aspect ratios just like it will look on a 16:9 screen, and squares again for everything else.

peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up