INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Large thumbnails disappeared after upgrading to MC13  (Read 1754 times)

Matzemink

• Recent member
Large thumbnails disappeared after upgrading to MC13
« on: March 14, 2009, 12:11:23 pm »

Hi,

I recently updated from MC12 to MC13 and had no problems after all except for the thing that the large thumbnails disappeared. The small ones are stilll there.
What I've got to do to bring them back?  ?

Thanks for help!

regards,
matzemink

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Large thumbnails disappeared after upgrading to MC13
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 02:20:55 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  Thumbnails take a little time to build.  You can force them to build in Options/Tree&View/Thumbnails.

But maybe you mean the view you are using doesn't have any.  Try another view.  Try Customize Views. 

Matzemink

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 07:39:11 am »

Welcome to the forum.  Thumbnails take a little time to build.  You can force them to build in Options/Tree&View/Thumbnails.

But maybe you mean the view you are using doesn't have any.  Try another view.  Try Customize Views. 

Thanks for the help!
I tried to force building the thumbnails but all of them had been already built...
And when I erase all of them only the small ones are rebuilding.

Hm "Image (large thumbnail)" is shown in the column.
I uploaded a picture:

On the left side is the field for the large thumbnail and they are not there... the small ones are shown...
 ?

best regards,
matzemink

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 09:01:48 am »

That changed a few months ago - to better or worse.

A "columns/file list" view must be "grouped" to be able to show the large thumbnails column. If the view is not grouped there is no way to show it and your only choice is to remove the column if you don't want to see that empty space.

Check the "Group By" options in "Edit View".

I don't personally like the grouped views (with or without the large thumbnails), but I have configured some of my views to show the album thumbnails in the top split and the ungrouped file details in the bottom split and keep the bottom split always open.

EDIT

More info about the change:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=49285.msg337779#msg337779
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Matzemink

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 08:08:14 am »

That changed a few months ago - to better or worse.

A "columns/file list" view must be "grouped" to be able to show the large thumbnails column. If the view is not grouped there is no way to show it and your only choice is to remove the column if you don't want to see that empty space.

Check the "Group By" options in "Edit View".

Ok that worked. Thanks!
But I still got one question:
Can I set "Grouped View" in "Playing Now"?

I want to see the track which is actually playing when I open MC (but in sorted view by Artist and Album at the same time)

[...]
I don't personally like the grouped views [...]

I agree with you.

regards,
matzemink

EDIT: When I sort the library by artist there is only one picture for one album ... and no one for the others from the same artist  :(

dcwebman

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 07:44:57 am »

But I still got one question:
Can I set "Grouped View" in "Playing Now"?
I haven't been able to find a way. In fact I missed the thread talking about this before and didn't notice mine wasn't there because I had to scroll right to see my large thumbnail. Well, guess it's time to take it out of my Playing Now view.
Jeff

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 11:10:24 am »

You can do it, but it's not advisable:

You get there by messing around with the XML of a saved view file. Once there, although you have a grouped view, 'By Album' in this example, you do not have any way to turn off or change the grouping settings.
The only way to turn it off is to load a saved view that does not have grouping.
If after reading that, you still want to try it, send me a message and I'll pass you the saved view file.

-marko.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 12:51:54 pm »

Interesting marko :)

Now if there was a way to fake a grouped view without actually having one we would be back to the good old days.

I'd use grouped view more in PN, if there was a way to get it to break on album boundaries but not mess up the order in which i set it up with
Pages: [1]   Go Up