INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crashing Media Center 12  (Read 1853 times)

Justme

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Crashing Media Center 12
« on: March 15, 2009, 08:26:19 am »

Hello, Recently I upgraded to Vista64 Ultimate and have just reinstalled MC12. The program crashes as soon as it starts up with the following message:

It only seems to crash if my ipod is connected. Is there any way to stop this? (I don't mind to switch off ipod connectivity with MC if that is possible)

Thanks in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Crashing Media Center 12
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 09:44:20 am »

No idea.  You might want to try MC13.

Justme

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 04:44:59 pm »

Although I honestly appreciate your response, I was hoping for something other than a sales pitch. I have currently a paid for and fully licensed version of release 12. It was working perfectly and I am sure it will continue to work perfectly once this small problem is resolved. Purchasing a later version is something I may like to do in the future to gain access to the new features. However, I do not believe it is appropriate to simply fix a bug on what should be a working product.

I remember reading about this problem with media Center 12 in the past, so hopefully someone out there has found a solution.

Anyway, I do appreciate your reply :O)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 05:30:06 pm »

I didn't mean it as a sales pitch.  Windows is a moving target.  MC13's support is better than MC12's.  That's a fact.

I don't recognized the problem you have or I would try to help you solve it.  If it were my machine, I would uninstall MC, reboot, and reinstall.  I would uninstall iTunes if it's been installed.  Try a different port for the ipod.  Try a different cable.  Turn off UAC on Vista.  Read the error logs.  Turn on MC12 logging and read those logs.

In any case, MC12 development is closed.

Justme

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 09:22:44 am »

Hi again,  Is there any chance you could point me to a link for the latest update build for MC12? I know you guys are not working on this any more, but everytime I try to update my current version, it downloads a trial version of MC13 instead of the latest MC12. Maybe the latest version has a fix for this problem.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 09:24:37 am »

See the FAQ on the MC13 board for a link.
Pages: [1]   Go Up