INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC12 replacing blank album art with a particular image [solved]  (Read 2393 times)

kwake

• World Citizen
  • Excellent piece of software, this Media Center...

Hi,

I was wondering if it was normal, upon a new fresh install of MC 12, to attribute a random album cover image to all mp3's with blank album art in the tag? In my case, it's Megadeth - Peace Sells...

When I right click in the tags view, it says it's using a file called folder.jpg in my music folder (where the library is pointing) however there is no such file in that directory.

Thanks in advance for any ideas on how to reset these files to a standard 'no album art' graphic as they were before the re-install.

Cheers,
Kwake

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

folder.jpg may be a hidden file.  MC will use it for the files in a folder if there is no other cover art.

kwake

• World Citizen

Thanks Jim for the quick response, however I am showing hidden files in File Explorer...

Do you know of a quick way to set MC 12 to point to the default "No Album Art" icon included in the program?

Cheers,
Kwake

JimH

• Administrator

Does MC show the full location of the folder.jpg file?  It should be the same as the directory where the music is stored.  If you can find it, just delete it.

kwake

• World Citizen

Just did a search on all my local drives, and there is no file called folder.jpg to be found...

When I hover over the image in the tag view, it only says "folder.jpg" without a path.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird

Can Mc also show the image in the standrad "Cover Art" visualization when the track is playing? If it can the Image must be coming from somewhere. The cover art display does not show cached thumbnails. It shows directly the linked or embedded cover art image.

Another place where the actual source image is displayed is the expanded image window in Action Window > Tag (click the small thumbnail on top left to expand the image).

If the image is displayed in the above mentioned places, you are sure that file does not have an embedded image, and the "Image File" library field really has the plain "folder.jpg" value without a path the image file must be in the audio file's folder.

You said you are showing hidden files, but are you also showing the "protected operating system files"? Does your Windows user account have administrator rights?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

kwake

• World Citizen

Thanks for your help! It was indeed that I was showing hidden files, but not hidden operating system files!

There were 3 folder.jpg files (one for each size) hidden in the directory, which I've deleted.

Problem solved, cheers!
Kwake

JimH

• Administrator

folder.jpg is just a bad idea.

Glad it's solved though.

rosie

• Recent member
Re: MC12 replacing blank album art with a particular image [solved]
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 01:21:22 am »

I have 6000+ FLAC files that have ripped from my CD collextion over the last 2-3 years without focus on cover art unfortunately. I have a lot of coevr art files generated by WMA (that I don't use anymore). If I copy/renane to Folder.jpg files in the folders of each album does MC12 automaticaly use those files and is there a way to batch embed those Folder.jpg into the FLAC files? Thanks for your help!

BTW Folder.jpg is pretty good if you sometimes use other clients that do not support embeded artwork, I think...
Pages: [1]   Go Up