INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request for "Mix" GUI  (Read 1293 times)

Tommy

• Junior Woodchuck
Request for "Mix" GUI
« on: March 16, 2009, 07:16:04 pm »

Sort of a bump from an old MC12 thread, just to give the "Mix" command some attention. It could still use a GUI.

Original thread from the MC12-subforum: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=47990.0

Ever since the "Mix" command was introduced I've been waiting for the appropiate GUI for it to be added. I find the "Mix" command to be very useful and make it possible to create very interesting mixes of music...BUT, the command for it just isn't userfriendly and have never been, look at this:

50,15%,{playlistid==595271202},10%,{playlistid==237077222},15%,{playlistid==272105145},15%,{playlistid==881559900},20%,{playlistid==370003644},10%,{playlistid==64494308},10%,{playlistid==48656172},5%,{playlistid==655354321}

Doesn't make much sense, does it? Especially if you want to update an old "Mix"-list. How about making a nested GUI for it in the current playlist GUI:

Mix, number of songs 50
- 25% - <Old favourites playlist>
- 20% - <Newly imported plylist>
- 20% - <Top hits playlist>

and so on...that would make much more sense, and also make it much more easy to create new and modify existing playlists, in my opinion the numeric playlistid is something that should be used internally by the software while the end-user should use "My mix playlists\Old favourites".

Opinions?

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Request for "Mix" GUI
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 11:51:58 am »

I stumbled upon this old(er) post while searching for something else and I agree with the Mix GUI idea 100%.  I make up most of my playlists on the fly using panes with the occasional help from the search wizard. Currently I find a desire to use the Mix command fairly often, but don't bother because it generally takes me 10 or more minutes to get a proper mix search string put together. I could probably get that time down some if I used it more often, but part of what I love about my setup is being able to build really good playlists from my collection in under a minute.

Aside: Should feature suggestions like this pretty much be thrown over to the MC14 board at this point? I notice that there has not been a single update to MC13 since the first v14 preview was put up.

-JB
Pages: [1]   Go Up