INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't associate files with MC  (Read 1864 times)

chippwalters

• Recent member
Can't associate files with MC
« on: March 19, 2009, 11:39:54 pm »

New user and a bit frustrated. Just purchased and updated to latest version. Before update, I could right-click on a mp3 file and it would have a MediaCenter option, now it doesn't. Also, double-clicking an mp3 file launches WMP instead of MC.

I've checked the MC Options and have checked "Enable shell integration" as I've checked the File Types to make sure the MPEG Audio file type is listed as "Yes" and "Automatice" for file association. Do I need to somehow reset the prefs? What am I missing here?

TIA, Chipp

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Can't associate files with MC
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 06:00:06 am »

You may try to reinstall MC.

You don't have to unistalling it before, but you can. If you do be sure to keep your library files. If I remeber correct, you can chose so during uninstall. Then restart your PC to make the right click menu working again. During setup you can choose custom mode, so you can set the file associations again. Perhaps this also brings back double click functionality.

If it doesn't work for the double click: what OS are you using? Perhaps it helps to change the default program settings of vista/xp in control panel (if you're using one of them).

Hope some of this helps ...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 07:30:03 am »

New user and a bit frustrated. Just purchased and updated to latest version. Before update, I could right-click on a mp3 file and it would have a MediaCenter option, now it doesn't. Also, double-clicking an mp3 file launches WMP instead of MC.
Reboot should fix the shell integration problem (make sure the option is checked in MC options/General).

Set your file associations in MC (under Options/Filetypes now) and turn them off in WMP.

buhrmii

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 12:56:18 pm »

Hey guys.

I'm on Windows 7 7100 64bit and cannot get MC to open when i double click on files. It always starts WMP. I reinstalled and restarted several times and checked the file association settings ("yes" everywhere).

Anything I could have missed?

Anyone here using Windows 7 x64 and have it working?

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 10:07:04 am »

Perhaps you may try the windows settings for default programs in Windows7. Here is a good description of how to change the default programs in Win7
Pages: [1]   Go Up