INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Webpage  (Read 1012 times)

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Theater View Webpage
« on: April 15, 2009, 02:43:47 pm »

I understand this feature is not intended to provide full browser functionality in Theater View, so I don't expect to be able to zoom the page. But a webpage at the default desktop zoom is not of much use (and seems strangely out-of-place) in Theater View. Would it not be possible to at least have a zoom level associated with the page in its configuration?

Also, there needs be a way to toggle the focus between the webpage and Theater View (the roller).

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Theater View Webpage
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 05:02:18 pm »

You can do this if you use Firefox as your web browser. Install Firefox and then add these two Add-ons:  Aquatint Black Gloss theme (to match the MC Obsidian theme) and Full Fullscreen.

Add a new Theater View command (Tools > Options > Theater View > Commands) with the name of your webpage. The program should be C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe. The command line argument is -url http://insertwebsite.

Now when you click the webpage link from the main Theater View screen, the page will open fullscreen in Firefox. Use Ctrl + or Ctrl - to increase or decrease the size of your page. Firefox remembers the size you use for each webpage so the next time you open up the webpage it will be sized correctly.

rick.ca

Re: Theater View Webpage
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 02:40:13 am »

Thanks for the suggestion. I use Firefox (and hate IE) and sometimes browse using a remote, which is programmed run it fullscreen and zoomed. I was hoping this feature might be used, however, just to get a quick view of a single web page from within Theater View.
Pages: [1]   Go Up