INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Active Movie Window  (Read 2081 times)

pitirre522

Active Movie Window
« on: April 21, 2009, 12:05:11 am »

While my media center plays most of my music videos, it will not play some, I get this "Active Movie Window" message and won't play the video.  I imagine it must be a codec issuekl.  I've already downloaded all kinds of codecs but to no avail, any sugestions?  By the way, it plays the flv extension fine, but won't play mvw extension files.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Active Movie Window
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 06:55:56 am »

While my media center plays most of my music videos, it will not play some, I get this "Active Movie Window" message and won't play the video.  I imagine it must be a codec issuekl.  I've already downloaded all kinds of codecs but to no avail, any sugestions?  By the way, it plays the flv extension fine, but won't play mvw extension files.
I've seen that and I don't remember how I solved it?  I may have uninstalled other software.  Installing CCCP would probably solve it.  Check our wiki (link above) for CCCP info.

You could also try a google search.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 01:30:10 pm »

Almost certainly a codec problem.  This is likely the culprit:

I've already downloaded all kinds of codecs but to no avail

Yeah.  That's probably your problem.  "Downloading all kinds of codecs" is just asking for trouble.  They often conflict with each other.  I'm also not even sure what a mvw file type is.  I've searched online, and all I see is this "Saber LAN Log File" (which certainly wouldn't be a media type of any kind).  Either way, the file type isn't the important part of the information about the file.  The more important thing is what codec the video is compressed with.

However, if you've really "downloaded all kinds of codecs" then you are likely to have "all kinds of problems", possibly including a bunch of viruses and trojans (there are lots of trojans and spyware applications that purport to be "codec packs").

Your best bet for starters is to:

1. Uninstall all of the "all kinds of codec packs" you installed.
2. Scan your system thoroughly for viruses and spyware using reliable scanners.
3. Follow these instructions: http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/index.php?title=Troubleshooting_Guide
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Talios

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 11:45:15 am »

I've had the same issue and after some searching, I found it seems to be linked to windows media player.  I ended up turning off "Use WMV Acceleration if available" under the DirectShow Video Playback Settings in the Playback Options of MC.

Hope this helps someone out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up