INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Personal Video Database Import plugin - Test log  (Read 73534 times)

raldo

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Personal Video Database Import plugin - Test log
« Reply #150 on: May 27, 2009, 08:36:45 am »

I have also installed 0.9.9.7 and done mass imports + "Send to" . It seems as if this version of PVD works just fine. Another plus is that there is a proper installer associated with the release.

So where do I post the released version? in the "Media Center 13" forum?

rick.ca

« Reply #151 on: May 27, 2009, 01:30:39 pm »

Rick - I don't use series, so maybe I hadn't set something up right when I was testing it? Who knows. I'll trust your judgement :D

That's nice. I plan to listen carefully for uproarious laughter from those who actually understand SQL. Our only defence is, "It works, doesn't it?"   ;D

I had difficulty wrapping my mind around this one. An episode is just another record in the MOVIE table, so the query has to match the "parent" series record in the same table to get the name of the series. I do hope I've got it right—episode records that don't include the series they are part of are rather useless.

rick.ca

« Reply #152 on: May 27, 2009, 02:11:29 pm »

I have also installed 0.9.9.7 and done mass imports + "Send to" . It seems as if this version of PVD works just fine. Another plus is that there is a proper installer associated with the release.

Yes, I'm sure none of the changes affected the database. If anything, it's probably more stable than 0.9.9.6. And, yes, the installer is a big plus.

The development bar has been raised a little, however. I think your going to have to add Twitter functionality—so users can tweet what they're doing with the plugin. ;)

So where do I post the released version? in the "Media Center 13" forum?

It looks like Third Party Plug-ins, Programs, and Skins is the place for it. Judging from the size/popularity of some topics there, J River doesn't offer child boards for such things—which is the only practical way to have different topics for releases, support, feature suggestions, etc. If it seems necessary, we could probably set that up at the PVD site, but I'm not sure redirecting MC users there is a good idea.

You should post an "announcement" in the "Media Center 13" forum, with a link to the release topic.

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #153 on: May 27, 2009, 08:02:08 pm »

Yes, post an announcement on the main MC13 board (feel free to use some of my screens if you like) and the main release thread on the Third Party board. We could see how big it gets and decide whether or not to split to separate threads later maybe?

Good luck :)

raldo

« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2009, 01:31:10 am »

Darichman, can you please post a new screen dump with all the new GUI on it?

Thanks..

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #155 on: May 28, 2009, 03:51:41 am »

Here are a few of PVD, the plugin and MC with imported data.
Was there anything else specifically you wanted to illustrate?

Piccies

raldo

« Reply #156 on: May 28, 2009, 05:35:56 am »

No, that's fine. I just wanted to post a picture from the plugin. I'll also post a pic from one of the views you uploaded.

raldo

« Reply #157 on: May 28, 2009, 05:38:39 am »

Btw, regarding v14: I can't see any reason why PvdImport shouldn't run on V14. The next step would be to debug with v14 installed, but that'll have to wait I guess..

Two Wire

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #158 on: May 28, 2009, 10:04:19 pm »

Raldo, darichman, and rick.ca, thanks for all your efforts in developing this outstanding plugin. What a time saver. I have been following this thread and trying each release. I have been doing this quietly beause any coment I had was already discussed by you three, and I know very little about plugin development.
However, having manually filled database fields for more videos than I care to admit (I would be embarrased if I had to give an accurate account), it has given me my lifeback. This is good enough to ask for donations.   ;D
Looking foward to future developments.  

It would be nice if JRiver had a currency format option for related fields. 

Thanks again!

raldo

« Reply #159 on: May 29, 2009, 10:13:11 am »

This is good enough to ask for donations.   ;D
Looking foward to future developments.  

I never thought of that :)

It would be nice if JRiver had a currency format option for related fields.  
There are some formatting options in Firebird SQL.

Could you please post in the Third Party Plug-ins, Programs, and Skins  thread ?

I was hoping to kill off the current thread, it being the "test thread"...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up