INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Song Title and Artist not working in netremote with version 13 playing 181.FM  (Read 5657 times)

Cast0077

• Recent member

Trying to set up MC with netremote so I can see the Artist and Track when I am using 181.FM. In version 11 it worked fine but now all that shows up is whatever is enter manually for artist and album. I noticed when you tag the station in 13 the name section is just whatever is tagged for artist and album section. In version 11 the name section would change to whatever artist and song was playing on the 181.FM station.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam

Did you try updating NetRemote?  Or posting on their site?

Cast0077

• Recent member

Netremote is updated and I was working with someone that is very knowledgeable with netremote and was told to try to post here to see if I could either get a license for 11 or see if I can get help setting up 13. I will post this there also see if someone has come up with something. I just thought I would check .... maybe it was some simple setting I just missed.

Cast0077

• Recent member

This was posted on the site http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19896 ..... wondering what has changed from 11 to 13.

jwilson56

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile

This is not a Netremote problem. The name is not being captured properly in MC so Netremote has nothing to do with it at all. if you look at the Tag information in MC V13 the name is not correct.
Now Playing skin creator - NetRemote 2.0 / 6 Zone whole house audio delivering 1580 watts RMS total

Visit My Nowplaying Blog

Cast0077

• Recent member

JimH I think if MC updated the Name field in the MP3 tag like it use to in version 11 then everything would work fine. Is there any chance of that happening?

Here is picture of what it looks like in version 11

http://www.promixis.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5578&d=1242660107

jwilson56

• Junior Woodchuck

I don't think any MC developers are reading this....
Now Playing skin creator - NetRemote 2.0 / 6 Zone whole house audio delivering 1580 watts RMS total

Visit My Nowplaying Blog

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

The file record in the database does not change the artist, album, etc. values as you play a radio station.  I believe this was changed for technical reasons in v12.

Instead, stream metadata is shown in the playback area while the underlying radio station is not altered.  I'm guessing that NetRemote looks at the underlying radio station database entry.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Cast0077

• Recent member

So is there no way of getting MC 13 setup like it was in 11? I ask this in other thread but because this seems like it would be a very simple fix to my problem I will ask again. Can I just buy a version 11 license please?

Cast0077

• Recent member

I have been looking at the wiki to see if I can figure out how MC gets the Artist and Track info from the stream. I thought maybe if I could found something in the Media Center Core Commands or maybe the Command Line that stores the artist and track info that I could then extract that info with girder to display in netremote.

Any suggestions where to look or what command that might be?

jwilson56

• Junior Woodchuck

The file record in the database does not change the artist, album, etc. values as you play a radio station.  I believe this was changed for technical reasons in v12.

Instead, stream metadata is shown in the playback area while the underlying radio station is not altered.  I'm guessing that NetRemote looks at the underlying radio station database entry.

Is the 'playback area' data available through the API?

Visit My Nowplaying Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up