INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 8.0.329 available  (Read 5055 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Jukebox 8.0.329 available
« on: July 15, 2002, 12:47:22 pm »

Media Jukebox 8.0.329 is available for download:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox8.exe

History:
1. Fixed: Append command with TREEPATH and device parameters did not work.
2. Changed: Normal setting for Ogg encoder changed from quality 4 to 5.
3. Fixed: During conversion, tags were not always saved in a file.
4. Fixed: Wav extension was omitted from the list of media types in Add Rule window.
5. Changed: Send to menu will move item in Playing Now instead of copying.
6. Changed: MJMetaData field will now not be saved into id3v2 tags if the info saved in the field is empty (workaround for XP tag reading).
7. Fixed: When initiating a handheld Upload, the HH Upload, Options and Cancel buttons were left enabled and clickable during the HH Upload process
8. Fixed: The HH Upload Options dialog did not disable the Quality drop down box and Options button when initialized.
9. Changed: MJ checks for version match of ASPI files for Windows XP and 2000 installs
10. Changed: MJ adds a registry entry to fix problems with Adaptec ASPI install on Windows 98/ME

ZRocker

RE:Media Jukebox 8.0.329 available
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2002, 02:53:45 pm »

Bug:

7. Fixed: When initiating a handheld Upload, the HH Upload, Options and Cancel buttons were left enabled and clickable during the HH Upload process

1. Oooops...someone forgot to re-enable the buttons after an HH Upload...have to restart MJ to get the buttons back!!

sekim

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2002, 04:09:34 pm »

JohnT,

Downloaded .329 and checked the registry. All was as you had mentioned in the other thread that I started. But, MJ still doesn't see my burner. I did do a reboot, and deleted the previous version of MJ before installing this one.

Well, the next thing for me to try may be an upgrade to XP. Seems like those with that OS are not having as many difficulties as I am.
I guess that if I went that route it would be justifiable for the machine I am going to build this coming fall. May be overkill for my current system, but am willing to try if that is what it takes for MJ to 'see the light'.

Again, thanks for digging into this.

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2002, 04:18:06 pm »

Mike,
Please start a new thread.  Could be OS.  Could be the burner.  Could be ASPI.  Could be the moon.

XP is definitely a lot better OS.

Jim
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

sekim

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2002, 04:45:51 pm »

Jim,

Ohhhh, I don't know. I'm sure it very well could have been something stupid that I have done. I actually had no reason to try and upgrade the current ASPI layer that I had. Just noticed that King had posted it in some thread. When I tried it, all HELL broke loose on this rotten thing.

I'm sure that sooner or later I'll get it to behave in the benign manner that I've come to love and expect.

Could be, after extensive testing, that I have the worlds first computer that is totally possessed by alien beings from Caldor67923mark9987125. If not, it sure seems like it. HARHAR.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2002, 04:49:40 pm »

WinXp Min

300Mhz, 128 Meg Ram
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

sekim

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2002, 05:05:04 pm »

Mark,

I know, I've been delaying the inevitable. I just kind of wanted to get the truck paid off before I started to throw some 'jing' at my favorite past-time as of late.

Honey says go for it then. I really like it when she talks that way.

ZRocker

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2002, 06:43:02 pm »

From 8.0.327 thread:
Bug:
1. When using Convert Format (to convert 192 MP3 to 128 MP3, for example), the left and right channels are reversed!! This was noticed using the MP3 Encoder (or Lame built-in).

Is this bug in Convert Format not easily fixable?  Seems like it would be...

Poison Dan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2002, 11:27:29 pm »

3. Fixed: During conversion, tags were not always saved in a file.

I've done a small test. It appears to work fine now for converting to Ogg (thanks for that). However, tags still disappear on some tracks when converting to MPC.

Scronch

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2002, 12:05:32 am »

>5. Changed: Send to menu will move item in Playing Now instead of copying.

This works now.  Thanks.

>1. Fixed: Append command with TREEPATH and device parameters did not work.

This works now.  Thank you.  But there are still some issues with shuffle.  Here is what my early testing shows:

a) With Shuffle on, if I highlight a smartlist or playlist, right click Add to Playing Now, the list is added to Playing Now but it is not shuffled.

b) With Shuffle on, if I highlight a smartlist or playlist, right click Send To > Playing Now - Replace, the list is added to Playing Now and is shuffled.

c) With Shuffle on, mjextman.exe /Append "TREEPATH=Playlists\Mixes\listname" appends the list to Playing Now but it is not shuffled.

d) With Shuffle on, mjextman.exe /Play "TREEPATH=Playlists\Mixes\listname" hard-stops the currently playing song, then adds the list to Playing Now and it is shuffled.

I'd still like to be able to use mjextman to clear Playing Now of all songs except the one currently playing, or at least just clear Playing Now.  I notice now that Playing Now, right click Clear Playing Now honors Settings, Options, Playback, Stop Fadeout (normal).  I don't remember is that's new or not.  If this will stay this way (and I agree that it should), could we please have an mjextman command to clear PN?  With one that left the currently playing song, I would then use the Append option.  If the whole list is cleared (and the currently playing song stopped), then I'd use the Play option.

Thanks.

Scronch

Scronch

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2002, 12:12:21 am »

I forgot to add how excited I am about this.  All I need is 'mjextman clear PN except current song', plus a little clean-up on shuffle, and I will have one-icon startup of MJ, which will load the correct smartlist based on the time of day, and then will change smartlists at specified times of day after that, all without repeating songs that have been played.  That is soooooo cool.

Ouch.  I just turned a cartwheel in celebration.  I am 6'4" and a big man.  I think I broke my ankle.  I know I broke my wife's antique mirror hutch.  My lawyer will contact your eelpout.

Scronch

JohnT

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2002, 04:21:58 am »

Machinehead-
Downloaded .329 and checked the registry. All was as you had mentioned in the other thread that I started. But, MJ still doesn't see my burner. I did do a reboot, and deleted the previous version of MJ before installing this one.

But have you rebooted since installing the 329 build? I forgot to mention that. It's gotta work. I think.

- John T.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JimH

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2002, 05:09:30 am »

Scronch,
You've exceeded your limit of 3 wishes.  Next time, if you'll be around for beta testing, we can grant more.

The Good Fairy
(don't even think about it!)
Jim Hillegass

Smiler

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2002, 05:31:11 am »

Oh My God
This install has blown my Library/Database. Fortunately I backedup on the 13th so I only lost 5 files or so. Install path is D as I am a dualboot.
Cheers Smiler

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.329

Install Path: D:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Unknown 996 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 329 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: N/A

Nikolay

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2002, 06:28:40 am »

ZRocker,

Is this bug in Convert Format not easily fixable? Seems like it would be...
We can't reproduce it.

Nikolay

ZRocker

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2002, 06:33:50 am »

Nikolay...just use Convert Format to re-encode an MP3 (from 192 to 128, for example) and the right and left channels will be reversed from the original MP3 (in the output MP3).  It's really that easy to reproduce!  It helps if you use an MP3 that has a easily detected right and left channel (or create one using a media/sound editor).

JohnT

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2002, 06:52:01 am »

I can't reproduce it either. I created an mp3 192kb file with JUST left channel information (right channel silent) and converted to 128kb and it still maintained the left channel sound. Try downloading the latest mp3 encoder, there was a bug quite a while back that's been fixed.

- John T.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Nikolay

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2002, 07:04:28 am »

Poison Dan,

However, tags still disappear on some tracks when converting to MPC.
It looks like it's getting harder and harder to reproduce bugs for us. Maybe we are getting tired, or our computers just gave up and don't want to deal with bugs anymore.

Anyway, I can't reproduce the problem. I just converted 18 tracks from APE to MPC, first time with id3 tags, second time with APE tags. And it works like a charm.

Nikolay

Durgame

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2002, 07:08:12 am »

ZRocker,

Did you use Stereo or JS to do your test?

...just use Convert Format to re-encode an MP3 (from 192 to 128, for example)

Durgame

ZRocker

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2002, 07:41:12 am »

Durgame,

JS on an MP3 that starts with guitars only in the left channel...on the converted to MP3, the guitars are only in the right channel (reversed from the original).  I tested with other 'unique' sounding MP3s and the results are always the same (reversed channels).  Actually, a friend of mine reported this to me first...I tested it and said 'Hey, you are right!'.  I know MJ had an issue in the past where channels were reversed (in some other area), too.

Scronch

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2002, 07:44:16 am »

>You've exceeded your limit of 3 wishes.

Nah, it's the same few wishes repeated over and over and over...  .

Plus my wish count was quadrupled when I posted to cnet, r3mix, etc.

Scronch

JimH

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2002, 07:54:23 am »

Yes.  Thanks.  Changes now will go into the next version.
Jim Hillegass

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2002, 07:55:43 am »

the link to 329 is dead at my end - did you take it back?

Nikolay

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2002, 08:06:55 am »

the link to 329 is dead at my end - did you take it back?
Just renamed it to MediaJukebox8.exe

Nikolay

ZRocker

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2002, 08:08:50 am »

Wow...seems like another release is in order with the MAJOR HH button's disabled (until you restart MJ) bug.  Guess not...back to 327 since I use HH features alot now and can't use them at all in 329 (after the first use, w/o restarting MJ).

JimH

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2002, 08:12:54 am »

We'll fix that in a build today, Z.  But it will only be available here.  We moved 329 to the downloads page because it is a lot cleaner than the version that was there.  CNET just updated their list and we expect to get a lot of downloads the next 48 hours.
Jim Hillegass

ZRocker

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2002, 08:14:55 am »

Thanks JimH...I knew I was over-reacting...sorry (my apologies)!

Gatobrit

• Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2002, 08:27:12 am »

Hi - echoing Scronch's post earlier about adding to PN. Shuffle on add to PN as next to play does not shuffle, woth shuffle on simply selecting  Play on a play list shuffles the contents. Turn shuffle off and playing does not shuffle.

I think this should be consistant - add to PN as next to play with shuffle on shuffles, with shuffle off it does not shuffle.

Namaste,
John

Marty3d

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2002, 08:46:09 am »

Still doesn't work:
To reproduce:
* Add all songs to 'playing now' with shuffle on
* Sort by Artist - Album - Track - Name in Playing now
* Play

When you play next song, the list doesn't update to show the current playing song...last time this worked was in build 215

Thanks!

Poison Dan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2002, 10:55:19 am »

Nikolay,

However, tags still disappear on some tracks when converting to MPC.
It looks like it's getting harder and harder to reproduce bugs for us. Maybe we are getting tired, or our computers just gave up and don't want to deal with bugs anymore.

Anyway, I can't reproduce the problem. I just converted 18 tracks from APE to MPC, first time with id3 tags, second time with APE tags. And it works like a charm.

Could you please try those two APE files I uploaded ? I already mentioned the URL in my previous posts about the problem, but here it is again:
http://users.skynet.be/bk343709/Track01.ape
http://users.skynet.be/bk343709/Track02.ape

The results differ a lot, but I everytime I converted those 2 files to MPC, at least one of them didn't have any tags. Maybe there is something special about those APE files, but in that case I'd really like to know what it is.

I have this problem both on my PC at home and on my PC at work.

To be honest, it's not really a big deal anymore, because I already decided to switch to Ogg, and converting files to Ogg seems to be flawless now. However, if it's really a bug, it should be solved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up