INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 13.0.171 -- Available Here  (Read 8743 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 13.0.171 -- Available Here
« on: May 27, 2009, 06:44:43 am »

This is the latest version of MC 13.0.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC13.0 is here:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter130171.exe

13.0.171 (05/27/2009)

1. Fixed: When doing a license restore for Media Center 13 with a Media Center 14 license, the registration information dialog would not show the correct information.
2. Fixed: With MC set to use Internal Volume, television volume was not properly set when starting or stopping time-shifting.
3. Fixed: After manually starting television time-shifting, OSD message "Waiting..." stayed on forever.
4. Fixed: Analog television sometimes could be displayed in a tiny window.
5. Fixed: For some analog television devices, the Crop Edges setting failed to take effect on initial start up of television playback.
6. Fixed: Switching monitor during television time-shifting would cause MC to lose its Internal Volume setting, creating loud sound in some instances.

13.0.170 (05/20/2009)

1. Fixed: MC crashed when failing to play an audio file in JRiver audio engine (using DirectShow filters).
2. Fixed: Rare re-entrance problem related to television playback when exiting MC.
3. Fixed: OSD menu drawing problem when switching from a memu item of larger size to one of smaller size.
4. Fixed: When building thumbnails in a list of grouped thumbnails, sometimes a thumbnail wouldn't fill in until it was redrawn by mousing over.
5. Updated: German language files courtesy bytestar.
6. NEW: Will work with an MC v14 license.
7. Fixed: If multiple files were selected the EXPAND and COLLAPSE stack options would not always appear.
8. Fixed: Search for stack files was broken.

13.0.169 (05/12/2009)

1. Fixed: French DVB-T television tuning did not work.
2. Fixed: Changing television channel using OSD menu did not work unless Enter key was pressed within 2 seconds of displaying the channel info.  Now it should work as long as the channel info is in display (5 seconds).

13.0.168 (05/11/2009)

1. Changed: Increased the maximum memory size of loadable PNG images from 256 MB to 1 GB.
2. Fixed: Installer now displays JRiver when viewed in explorer.
3. NEW: OSD Menu handles Enter key.  It can be used to execute certain commands when OSD menu is in display.  Only implemented for televison channel switching and for showing DVD Menu.
4. Changed: Television "Programs" OSD menu will no longer automatically switch to last displayed program.
5. Changed: OSD menu stays on screen for longer time.
6. Fixed: When converting CUE files, the resulting filename could be incorrect.
7. Fixed: Converting using the external encoder could use a .dat extension instead of the extension specified in options.
8. Fixed: Some VST Plug-ins could crash or work incorrectly.
9. Fixed: The help links on pages like "Playlists" didn't jump to the correct location in the wiki.

13.0.167 (05/07/2009)

1. Fixed: ID3v2 tagging could discard the # tracks / # discs portion of the track # and disc # when tagging.
2. Fixed: When first installing a VST Plug-in, it was not possible to enable it for processing without restarting playback.
3. Fixed: VST Plug-ins that exposed more inputs and outputs than the current output format could crash.
4. Fixed: When pausing audio playback, if it performed buffering while paused, it could switch the playback state back to play.
5. Fixed: Setting the mute value to -1 (to mean true) from the automation SDK did not work nicely.
6. Fixed: Television channel scanning did not work for the last few builds.

13.0.166 (05/06/2009)

1. Fixed: With the ripping option to overwrite existing files enabled some encoders would not work. (only applies to last few builds)
2. Fixed: Using incomplete math syntax like "3 /" or "2+1+" could cause problems in expressions.
3. Changed: DSP Plug-ins are always loaded from the main user interface. (solves problems with plugins that create user interface at load instead of when requested by Media Center like DFX)
4. Optimized: Improved performance of JRiver edit / expression controls.

13.0.165 (05/05/2009)

1. Changed: Upgrades to HTML parser used for RSS feeds in Theater View. (Yahoo! News, The Onion, etc.)
2. Changed: Improved Theater View's support of The Onion in the News plug-in.
3. Changed: The burn complete dialog that prompts for Burn / Print Label / Quit is not shown if the burn completes while in Display View or Theater View.
4. Changed: When Theater View is showing, Standard View style wait messages will not appear.
5. Changed: Pressing the space bar on a JRiver style button, checkbox, etc. will be considered a click.
6. Fixed: Theater View's Weather configuration dialog did not support tabbed navigation.

13.0.164 (05/04/2009)

1. Fixed: Showing Theater View on systems without DirectX 9 (or later) installed could cause a crash.
2. Fixed: WMA encoding would not work properly on a fresh install (only applies to the last few builds).
3. Fixed: Encoding could crash in certain cases (only applies to the last few builds).
4. Changed: If television is configured to automatically refresh the programming guide, it will do so once a day OR if there are no programs available (retries every 30 minutes if there are no programs).
5. Changed: Shortened the portable install description in the installer so it fits better with larger fonts.
6. Changed: Switched the Austria country code used for mc2xml to AT.
7. NEW: Added CD burning in Theater View. (use "Burn" item in roller of any file view)
8. NEW: Added CD ripping in Theater View. (pick "DVD" with an audio CD in the drive and then select "Rip disc")
9. Fixed: Corrected a typo on the new Converter options page.
10. Changed: Reverted to also looking in the legacy Media Jukebox location for DSP Plug-ins to better support DFX, etc.
11. Fixed: When installing a new skin from a webpage, the change did not take effect until restarting the program.
12. Fixed: Album grouping / album expansion could cause problems when using Google Images from the Links bar to set the cover art for a video.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Monkeyboy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a Monkey
Re: Media Center 13.0.171 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 12:17:44 pm »

Although the new build picks up my MC14 license, when I run auto import, it says it is importing 10,000 tracks (like the trial limits you to).

Rich

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 12:41:49 pm »

Although the new build picks up my MC14 license, when I run auto import, it says it is importing 10,000 tracks (like the trial limits you to).
The trial has no limits, other than the time period.  MC imports 10,000 at a time.  Normal.

Monkeyboy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a Monkey
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 02:24:58 am »

The trial has no limits, other than the time period.  MC imports 10,000 at a time.  Normal.
Sorry, my bad. Shows you how often I import the whole library
Rich

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 10:04:44 am »

If I put [Disc #] into Thumbnail text, it doesn't show anything.  Can work around it by adding a custom field as =[Disc #]
Disc # also shows as blank if the top is set to show details rather than thumbnails.

Also, I've got my view scheme set to sort by Disc #, then Track #.

On an 8 disc set, it gets Discs 5 and 6 the wrong way round, but only on the top half.  If I remove Track # from the sorting it's fine.  Again, if I use my calculated field =[Disc #], no problem.

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 12:43:56 pm »

DSP Studio looks weird (both lines in each red oval represents the same function)

Did not happen in build 167

SiGuy

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 07:52:25 pm »

Apparent recent bug, may have been introduced in 13.0.171 or earlier, m4a playback can be broken by reassigning via Tools-->Options-->File Types

I noticed this last weekend that I couldn't play m4a files in MC13, but playback was fine using MC12.  I'd recently tried to switch to DirectShow playback using CCCP & the instructions in the wiki.  MC13 reports that it can't playback the files.  Switching file association back to "Automatic" does not repair the problem.  The only solution I've found is to uninstall MC13 & reinstall.

I've tried out this process three times, and the playback failure for m4a files repeats 100% of the time.  I've not tried switching the playback engine for other media types.

My system configuration is:

O/S:          XP/Pro (SP2)
RAM:         4GB
CCCP version:  2008-09-21
Quicktime version:  7.6
iTunes version:  7.7.1

I don't have many m4a files, but would prefer not to use Quicktime through MC to playback what I do have.

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 01:05:23 pm »

I posted this in the thread of a previous version, but it still exists in .171. Musepack encoding is broken - I get a "Failed to convert - Please ensure that your files exist, and are of a suppored audio format" error message whenever I attempt to convert any files to MPC. This happens both when specifying a custom command line and using one of the presets.

Also, would it be possible to upgrade the Musepack encoder/decoder to the recently released Stream Version 8?

Thanks!
Check out my JRiver remote application eos, available for Android and BlackBerry 10!
Android: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89392.0
BB10: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79677.0

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 01:38:41 pm »

I can confirm the Musepack encoding problem. I just updated MC on one of our PCs from 13.0.163 to 13.0.171. Musepack encoding worked fine in 163, but not anymore. All apparent encoder changes were already in the build 163, but obviously something has changed internally.

Also WavPack encoding is still broken. The encoder plugin can be added manuallly, but the WavPack format doesn't show up inside the encoding options. Bob had just released the fixed plugin a few weeks before the major encoder changes. I don't personally use WavPack, but wasn't that a bit like first giving a child a lollipop and then taking it away...
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 02:08:42 pm »

Apparent recent bug, may have been introduced in 13.0.171 or earlier, m4a playback can be broken by reassigning via Tools-->Options-->File Types

I noticed this last weekend that I couldn't play m4a files in MC13, but playback was fine using MC12.  I'd recently tried to switch to DirectShow playback using CCCP & the instructions in the wiki.  MC13 reports that it can't playback the files.  Switching file association back to "Automatic" does not repair the problem.  The only solution I've found is to uninstall MC13 & reinstall.

I've tried out this process three times, and the playback failure for m4a files repeats 100% of the time.  I've not tried switching the playback engine for other media types.

My system configuration is:

O/S:          XP/Pro (SP2)
RAM:         4GB
CCCP version:  2008-09-21
Quicktime version:  7.6
iTunes version:  7.7.1

I don't have many m4a files, but would prefer not to use Quicktime through MC to playback what I do have.

I don't think m4a/DirectShow playback has changed recently. It works fine for me.

If the encoding format is AAC-LC, HE-AAC v1 or HE-AAC v2 the Haali Splitter/FFDShow audio decoder combination should work fine. (CCCP installs these two).

If the format is Apple Lossless aka ALAC you need to use the DC-Bass Source Filter splitter/decoder. It can decode all kinds of m4a files.

Here is a link that might help:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=50987.msg348048#msg348048

The only known problem with DC-Bass is explained in this post & thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=47737.msg327262#msg327262
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 11:48:09 am »

"Wav + cue" playback appears to be broken.

The tracks in the library show correct playback range values, but MC always playes the complete wav file instead of the tracks.

I don't normally use the "wav + cue" format so I don't know how long the problem has existed.

As a test, I converted the audio file to FLAC and created a cue sheet that points to this FLAC file. It works normally and the individual tracks play fine.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 01:56:08 pm »

Selecting "Stop After Current File" during playback, Media Center remains on the last played track when stopped, causing the same track to repeat upon starting playback the next time.

Since I have not activated the Repeat function, shouldn't MC advance to the next track in the sequence, but not begin playback?
. . . the game is rigged

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2009, 02:50:13 pm »

Selecting "Stop After Current File" during playback, Media Center remains on the last played track when stopped, causing the same track to repeat upon starting playback the next time.

Since I have not activated the Repeat function, shouldn't MC advance to the next track in the sequence, but not begin playback?

+1
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

drb

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 07:04:59 pm »

Hangs up as soon as I play a song. DFX doesn't load as well. Only ctrl alt del closes the program.

Please help.

-
Media Center 13.0.171 Registered -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 13\

Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0 Service Pack 1 (Build 6001)
Intel Pentium III 1963 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2097 MB, Free - 650 MB

Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6001 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6001 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6001 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive F: Optiarc  DVD RW AD-7560A    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:9  MaxSpeed:9  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2009, 04:31:44 pm »

Hangs up as soon as I play a song. DFX doesn't load as well. Only ctrl alt del closes the program.

Please help.

-
Media Center 13.0.171 Registered -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 13\

Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0 Service Pack 1 (Build 6001)
Intel Pentium III 1963 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2097 MB, Free - 650 MB

Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6001 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6001 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6001 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive F: Optiarc  DVD RW AD-7560A    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:9  MaxSpeed:9  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)

Disable all DSP plugins before starting playback.  Switch between Direct Sound and Wave Out in Options.  Update your sound card drivers.

If you continue to have problems, please start a new thread with more details.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 06:17:54 pm »

Hey Matt,
I know this has probably come up before...  Is there a way that Playing Now (current play list) isn't library dependent?  It's frustrating when listening to playing now while working on your music files, and when you go to check something in a different library, your music stops and takes the current playing songs list along with it.
I noticed that each library has it's own current play list. 
My preference would be for Playing Now to remain the same and not stop playback when the libraries are changed.

Has anyone else requested this?
JRiver Media Center... If you don't have it, I don't want to hear it!

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 04:22:28 am »

It's frustrating when listening to playing now while working on your music files, and when you go to check something in a different library, your music stops and takes the current playing songs list along with it.
How about using a second instance of MC?
Options->General->Advanced->Allow multiple instances to run at one time

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 11:20:28 am »

Thanks Eba!
I'll give it a try.
JRiver Media Center... If you don't have it, I don't want to hear it!

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 06:36:59 pm »

Since installing MC14, anytime I press "Run Auto-Import Now" MC13 reports that there is an import process already running, yet I had not yet initiated an Import.

Neither MC13 or MC14 is set to run Auto-Import in the background.
. . . the game is rigged

Marty3d

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2009, 02:43:54 am »

* Exporting m3u simple playlists (relative) adds an extra .\ at the beginning of each line. Please make this optional since several devices (like 1,2 billion Sony ericsson devices ;)) don't recognize it.
* When connecting a device to sync with, the choose playlist format option doesn't appear in some cases. I can connect my Sony Ericsson W715 in three different ways, but only "Mass storage option" works (which sucks since the phone has to reboot to go into this mode).

Thought I added these issues her earlier, but I guess not :)

jwardm2

External Encoding issue
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 12:36:05 pm »

I'm having a problem with the external Nero digital encoder since the change to the encoder method. It occurs in both MC13 130.0.171 & MC14 14.0.11 But not in an earlier build of MC13, 130.144

As long as any external window is open for the encoder, things are fine.  ( I have 2 max ripping, 4 max encoding set) However, once the last encoding window closes, MC just dies. i.e. once the first track is ripped, the encoder starts & the next rip begins. if the encoding completes before the second track completes ripping, MC dies. If not, the second encoding window opens ..etc.

Any suggestions?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 06:53:16 am »

2. Mind numbingly frustrating - closing Display View pushes you into Theater View. It takes 4-5 clicks on my Gyration remote, rather than 1, to go from Display View to Standard View.
Try F11 or Escape or double click.

Marty3d

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2009, 04:10:19 pm »

I don't know when this was introduced....but setting General > Jump on play (audio) to Playing Now (if multiple files) doesn't work anymore. This is true when Double-click is set to Add to Playing Now (play now).

JONCAT

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 09:44:38 pm »

New install of Windows 7 seeing a lot of gui problems:

Can't right click
Can't scroll with wheel mouse
Can't left click Toolbar menus

Tested two different mouses; doing something like locking/unlocking taskbar sometimes works to reset MC. This is with the taskbar either on auto-hide or not. Not having any of these issues in 3 week old Windows 7 install (RC1 x64).

DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up