INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why can't I see the music on the latest build of Rockbox in MC?  (Read 1367 times)

TheLongshot

• Junior Woodchuck

I recently updated Rockbox on my Sansa which connects via USB directly instead of having to boot the e200 firmware.  MC does recognize the player but it only seems to list files underneath the .rockbox directory.  It doesn't list any music files.  I have the directories set up correctly as far as I can tell and it does update the files to the correct directory.

So, what is going on here?  How can I get this working again?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Why can't I see the music on the latest build of Rockbox in MC?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 09:30:52 am »

I recently updated Rockbox on my Sansa which connects via USB directly instead of having to boot the e200 firmware.  MC does recognize the player but it only seems to list files underneath the .rockbox directory.  It doesn't list any music files.  I have the directories set up correctly as far as I can tell and it does update the files to the correct directory.

That sounds like a Rockbox issue.  MC should see the whole drive.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Why can't I see the music on the latest build of Rockbox in MC?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 09:45:21 am »

I have an e200 as well. There is something unusual about hidden directories on it. I think that the sansa makes the Music, Pictures and Playlists dirs hidden whenever you access the built in firmware (which rockbox does when it sets up for syncing).

IIRC, you need to access the sansa mass storage device (like h: or whatever) in windows explorer and do
tools->folder options-> view and check show hidden files and folders. If this doesn't work for you you might try a search in the forum, I know this has come up before.
Pages: [1]   Go Up