INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 12.0 Fails to Import and organize Albums as Discrete Entities  (Read 2046 times)

*Scotty*

Hello all,I have just started to use MC12 and I ran into a problem during the importing stage. MC 12 has successfully imported all music files and associated album art.
The problem is that the program has loaded all albums as individual files with the cover art for each file instead of 40 albums. This means that if you chose to view thumbnails you get 686 album covers with every track of every album listed in numerical order. If you chose album thumbnails you get one album cover, the one that would come first if the albums were listed in alphabetical order. If you mouse over the album cover art shown it displays  0  674 files-30.5 GB-51:21:18<too many files too list>  It has apparently grouped every single track on in all albums as files contained in the first album. As it stands now MC12 is completely unusable. It always groups all tracks on all albums as files contained in the first album that is alphabetically listed.
Any help with this schizophrenic behavior by the program would be appreciated.
Scotty

Subject title edited for applicability
Sorry for confusion

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC12 Fails to Import and organize Albums as Discrete Entities
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 07:04:02 pm »

We have two products you may be referring to:

1.  Media Jukebox 12.0 -- a free product -- for audio only.

2.  JRiver Media Center 12.0 -- a paid product for audio, video, and image -- but one version out of date.  We're on MC13 now.

*Scotty*

Hi Jim H.,Thank-you for the prompt response. I have edited the subject title to eliminate confusion. It is  Media Jukebox 12.0 that is exhibiting the behavior that I do not understand.
Your help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. I only need to organize an audio library and didn't need the added capabilities of MC13.
Scotty

Frobozz

• Citizen of the Universe
  • There is a small mailbox here.

MJ and MC have some general rules they use to group albums together.  The rules depend in part on the directory structure and also on the Album Artist tag.  If the directory structure is not organized correctly or if the Album Artist tag is inconsistent then you can end up with odd groupings of albums.

The rules are in the Wiki:
Multiple Artist Albums
Using Album Artist and Album Artist (Auto)

The general rules are:
One complete album per directory
The Album Artist tag can over-ride that but must be done manually

You can use MJ or MC to move files around to group them by album or any other tag.  That depends on the tags being correct.
Pages: [1]   Go Up