INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Netbook as a Remote aka Tremote  (Read 90841 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Re: Netbook as a Remote aka Tremote
« Reply #200 on: January 13, 2010, 04:41:49 pm »

yeah thats what ive read. i mind the iphone ;) gf has one but we've yet to install xptunes on it.. but ive been itching too. when my "dream smartphone" comes out thats my plan.
thanks for tip though.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #201 on: January 14, 2010, 09:07:07 pm »

Another possibility:
http://www.pmptoday.com/2010/01/14/digitalrise-x9-multitouch-tablet-isnt-cheap/

10" multitouch tablet slate with Win7 for $780

galahad1974

• World Citizen
« Reply #202 on: January 16, 2010, 08:46:16 am »

i currently use 2 devices as remotes. i use remote server to connect to an archos7 which would work perfectly if i could do more tag data retrieval over your web service.And i use tremote to serve to  a dell xt2. this is really the perfect way to control mc. while i understand the cost of a new unit would be ridiculous to put out for a remote, no matter how nice, the xt (previous generation) regularly sells on ebay for 400$. i set up a clients house yesterday with an xt and its a dream with tremote. i really love this feature.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #203 on: January 16, 2010, 08:54:57 am »

galahad,
Thanks.  And thanks for the tip.

Jim

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #204 on: February 01, 2010, 04:34:04 am »

When can we expect tremote to manage client by client? It is terrible to ask, but perhaps the latest advances in the management dlna device further help and links between MC-clients?

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #205 on: February 26, 2010, 04:35:21 am »

Heavy question ?

swinster

• World Citizen
« Reply #206 on: February 26, 2010, 06:02:53 am »

i currently use 2 devices as remotes. i use remote server to connect to an archos7 which would work perfectly if i could do more tag data retrieval over your web service.And i use tremote to serve to  a dell xt2. this is really the perfect way to control mc. while i understand the cost of a new unit would be ridiculous to put out for a remote, no matter how nice, the xt (previous generation) regularly sells on ebay for 400$. i set up a clients house yesterday with an xt and its a dream with tremote. i really love this feature.

How does the Archos work as a remote? I too think that a tablet much over £200 is pretty pointless. The fact the tremote is tied to a windows platform is VERY limiting. If there is something that could be utilised other than a Windows tablet then that would be great.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #207 on: March 23, 2010, 11:12:17 am »

We just released a beta of MC15.  It has a DLNA feature called WebRemote.  It lets you use a browser on any device to control MC15.  Here are a couple of links:

MC15.0.8 download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=56718.0

New features so far, including WebRemote:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=56688.0

MC15 currently works with an MC14 license.

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #208 on: March 23, 2010, 11:32:22 am »

Jim, any comments about my question please..

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #209 on: March 23, 2010, 11:41:04 am »

I don't understand what you mean by "client by client".

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #210 on: March 23, 2010, 01:52:05 pm »

Ok, I'll try to explain the details (once again apologize for my bad English)

I talking about control MC client from another MC. Now we can use Tremote only for control server zone. All my home playback zone its MC clients.Tremote for server not needed in this case. It seems to me that this scheme is more functional than the DLNA device (also as MC as a mobile player (laptop, car, upmc) is more convenient and better quality than the Ipod - but for now we can get statistics only from Ipod).  Now we can control DLNA and from DLNA. But we can't use Tremote for control MC client. I'd like to know whether the planned improvements in this direction.
Ideally, I see the possibility of unlimited control zones clients and server in one server.

swinster

• World Citizen
« Reply #211 on: March 23, 2010, 01:52:54 pm »

We just released a beta of MC15.  It has a DLNA feature called WebRemote.  It lets you use a browser on any device to control MC15.  Here are a couple of links:

MC15.0.8 download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=56718.0

New features so far, including WebRemote:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=56688.0

MC15 currently works with an MC14 license.

Wow - you guys really DO listen. I haven't looked in other threads yet but I'm guessing ver 15 can be installed side by side with 14 - just in case!

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #212 on: March 24, 2010, 08:50:14 am »

::)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #213 on: March 24, 2010, 08:58:21 am »

Wow - you guys really DO listen. I haven't looked in other threads yet but I'm guessing ver 15 can be installed side by side with 14 - just in case!
It can.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #214 on: March 24, 2010, 09:00:30 am »

I am talking about controlling MC clients from another MC.  Now we can use Tremote only for controlling the server zone. All my home playback zones are MC clients.Tremote for server not needed in this case. It seems to me that this scheme is more functional than the DLNA device (also as MC as a mobile player (laptop, car, upmc) is more convenient and better quality than the Ipod - but for now we can get statistics only from Ipod).  Now we can control DLNA and from DLNA. But we can't use Tremote for control MC client. I'd like to know whether the planned improvements in this direction.
Ideally, I see the possibility of unlimited control zones clients and server in one server.

Thanks.  I understand better (but not perfectly).  The answer is that I don't know what we'll do next with Tremote.  DLNA is a standard that we will need to follow.  DLNA allows one copy of MC to control another or play to it.

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #215 on: March 24, 2010, 10:16:52 am »

Thank you for your response Jim! Your misunderstanding prompted me to check it again - and now it works! It's definitely not worked before, and I do not understand how he could miss this news.

What I doing (again, for history):

To my MC server "MC-server" (10.0.0.1:9999) is connected a MC client ("MC-client"), which is configured zone "My main client zone". To control this area with Tremote, this MC-client is also configured as server (10.0.0.2:8888), to which I connect a third copy of the MC, installed on my umpc (MC-control). Earlier on this stage I received a message about can't connect to the server on MC-client. Now the "MC-control" is connected to "MC-client" and allows to control a zone "My main client zone"  from umpc.
Profit )

I waited for this functionality since the announcement function Tremote. Thank you for implementation.

ReTango

• Recent member
« Reply #216 on: October 12, 2010, 11:21:08 pm »

Guys,
I fell ashamed to ask... but how do I setup the Tremote feature? I have been the last 1/2 hour searching for a simple setup explanation in the forum, and help wiki.. and all the links point to this thread. After rereading the 5 thread pages twice, I failed to find where the explanation is.. Could you please help me?
Thanks a lot,
ReTango

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #217 on: October 19, 2010, 04:40:42 pm »

ReTango - no need to be ashamed. This is a great feature, but actually using it is not well documented. Took me a long time to figure out how to get it to work. Both systems have to be running the same version of Media Center.

On the system hooked to the stereo - On the Organization Tree (options on the left side of the screen) go down to Services and Plug-ins and select Library Server. In the windows that comes up click Start Server. This starts the library server on this system.

On the  system being used as a remote - From the File Menu select Library and and Search for Library Servers. It should go out to the network and find the library server on the system hooked to the stereo. You should see the library from the other system. On the Organization Tree, look at Playing Now and select Zone1: There. This tells the system to play the files on the system hooked to the stereo (There). Now just select the tracks to play and it should work. The sound comes from the system hooked to the stereo and you hear nothing from the system you are working on.

Hope it works for you.
There may have been other things that I had to turn on to make this work, but I cannot remember. It just works now. I presume it works on MC 15 also, but I have not tried it. I am running 14.0.153

ReTango

• Recent member
« Reply #218 on: October 19, 2010, 08:22:14 pm »

Thanks a lot dtc! Now it works, perfectly! Regards,
ReTango 

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #219 on: October 19, 2010, 08:36:29 pm »

Glad it works. It really is pretty slick. I really like having the full interface rather than a partial one on a hand held device.

slingshot

• Recent member
« Reply #220 on: March 21, 2011, 09:15:26 pm »

I just downloaded the MC 16 beta version tonight but I can't see how to install Tremote per the above instructions. "Library Services" is not listed under Services & Plugins. Did they move it in MC 16?  :(

Similar to the person who posted questions about this, this response is the only one I could find on the web after a long search.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #221 on: March 22, 2011, 07:37:25 am »

Configure under Options/Media Network. 

Libraries then show up under Playing Now.  Right click on one for options.

Please use the Media Network board if you need more help.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up