INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 14 Purchase Instructions  (Read 23625 times)

vettemanv8

Re: MC 14 Purchase Instructions
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2009, 11:54:31 pm »

My question is:  I purchased a copy of MC back in 2006 (I think it was ver 11) and wasn't using it much.  I have since went through at least a 10 different systems.  I can't remember the email account I used so I am having a problem retreiving my old registration so I can update it.  Is there anyway that my registration can be verifed using my name?  It would be nice to get back to playing with MC without having to pay the full price again.

Thanks...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2009, 12:26:58 am »

What was the name?  I don't find one that matches your e-mail address.

You can mail me at jimh at jriver.

jolo

• World Citizen
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2009, 04:52:33 am »

Nothing is really "free". There is "donationware" or ad paid for types of products.  People need to have an income to keep improvements and deserve an income.

However, if one considers how much time gets spent because of foobar is very much oriented toward pure functionality and those who like to spend the time doodling with program code, the few dollars that JRiver's ask for their product really gets made up in time. at least that is the way I feel.

I wonder how many free downloads I installed since I upgraded to MC14 ? What amazes me is that all of the downloads, install seamlessly.

There really isn't any product like it.

I  personally am a great proponent of open source software. The big reason that I am such a proponent is so that there
can be more products like MC !! With the domination of Microsoft/Apple (virtually the same company), having marketing policies of making everything proprietary so that
it stop competition, creativity, innovation and choices of product by the customers, I try never to use Microsoft/Apple products (which are inferior to industry standard products).

MC14 allows me to use Ogg Vorbis and FLAC for audio as well as license free video codecs.

It is important that the developers get paid and can support their families.
I also make some donations to the open source/"donationware" products that I use. Just so I know they can afford to keep things going.

In some ways, I view MC as a "throwback" to times in Information Technology, where there were loads of small startup companies that partnered with their customers to have their products to keep innovating and going in the direction that those who who use the product wants.  
Unfortunately this has been changed by Microsoft/Apple for the customers to go through all sorts of ups and downs and to keep purchasing hardware made off-shore (usually in Communist China), with the lowest quality imaginable. Then the hardware/software support going off-shore and users having to rely on user-created forums to help support each others, because you can forget any customer care for those who own the market.

I don't know why I got into this, but I have been with MC before there was a "MC". I forgot the name? Something Jukebox, and it was audio only.

There is loads of room for MC and Foobar.

I also think that this forum had taken on the "personality" and "sincerity" of the developers and the user community that wants to work together. I think people are a lot kinder to each other in these forums that I find elsewhere.

I cannot tell you how many "dumb" questions I have asked over the years and don't hesitate to ask for help. "The more I learn, the more that I find that I don't know", and on this forum, it is okay to not know everything.
I think having direct access to the developers and the MC user community is another large selling point for purchasing MC.  

Jon

Thx Mr huggen good support :D

I think 8 'll be not enough cause i often install/reinstall  different os and i have two pc at my home.

well i'll see and if i have some prob with activation i 'll post on the forum.And anyway i'll just buy mc 15 in one year or two ;)

Foobar is really lightweight and horribily fast for building large database.He has differents layouts too but if u plan to make some skins with bitmap i think it's a little more heavy than MC14.And for functionnality foobar have plug-ins capabilities.
But it's not so user friendly than MC and not in french since the news versions.
And here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=53742.0
Foobar can do this easily:p but i don't use it like this however.

So u right i 'll totally reconvert myself in using MC.

And i love the fact that MC handle all my dvx :p foobar can't just do that.

elpaolo

• World Citizen
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2009, 04:04:10 pm »

I, too, am having trouble upgrading to 14.  I click the "Purcahse" button on the 30-day trial expiration popup, but nothing happens. Do I simply need IE installed for this?

Other things I've tried:

--installing MC12 (last version I owned), restoring license, and buying from there
--restoring MC12 license to MC14, clicking upgrade (get another error)

Any ideas on what to try next?  :)

Paul

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2009, 04:28:28 pm »

I, too, am having trouble upgrading to 14.  I click the "Purcahse" button on the 30-day trial expiration popup, but nothing happens. Do I simply need IE installed for this?

Other things I've tried:

--installing MC12 (last version I owned), restoring license, and buying from there
--restoring MC12 license to MC14, clicking upgrade (get another error)

Any ideas on what to try next?  :)

Paul

Launching of the purchase webpage requires iexplore.exe on the system.  To get the upgrade price, you'll have to start the purchase from inside the program.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Enigmatoid

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2010, 02:42:41 pm »

I have purchased v14 and understand about the 10 installations in a 12 month period. I can only guess that this is an understandable limitation toward installing on an infinite number of machines and making all your friends happy. Now, here's my situation. I Have a dual-boot OS, XP 32-bit/Win7 64-bit (upgraded from Vista64). I experimented with Ubuntu and screwed up my machine. I experimented with VMWare and confounded the whole thing again. So, I've decided to stick with what I know. In the process however, I have reinstalled MC14 on the 2 partitions of the same computer 4x. I have not freely distributed it to any other. But every time I rebuilt my computer I used up another allocated installation. If for any reason, I use the last 2 allowed installs and a crash or other unforseen situation presents the need to reinstall once again, am I outta luck and need to buy another license or are there are exceptions? Please advise. Thx.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty. The glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2010, 02:45:40 pm »

I reset your restore count.  Next time, you can extend your license by using the full trial period before you restore.

Enigmatoid

« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2010, 03:02:02 pm »

I reset your restore count.  Next time, you can extend your license by using the full trial period before you restore.
Thank you very much. I have been recommending MC14 to friends and coworkers for the features and quality. Now I can add to my recommendations the flexibility and understanding of TPTB at JRiver. You've certainly locked me in for future business. :)
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty. The glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2010, 03:15:12 pm »

Thanks.

DJ_Hazelwood

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2010, 01:02:10 am »

Hi,

yesterday I tried to buy a MC14 license for a friend of mine who has no credit card. After entering all data for the purchase I got a 'duplicate account use' message. I think this was because I used the same credit card for my own purchase with my own email adress and the new purchase with another email adress.

So how can I complete the purchase?

Thanks

Peter

packyb

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2010, 09:46:39 am »

I've tried to purchase the upgrade, but it keeps failing. Here's what happens: MC pop-ups "Download New Version", I click on "Download", a very brief pop-up appears which says "Working", and then I get the below message "Failed to download update."

I've tried running as Administator and UAC is disabled. Ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2010, 10:01:52 am »

Please try downloading MC14 from our site.  The copy at the top of this board would be fine.

Just install it and let it find your MC13 data.

DJ_Hazelwood

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2010, 12:06:01 pm »

Hi,

yesterday I tried to buy a MC14 license for a friend of mine who has no credit card. After entering all data for the purchase I got a 'duplicate account use' message. I think this was because I used the same credit card for my own purchase with my own email adress and the new purchase with another email adress.

So how can I complete the purchase?

Thanks

Peter

Any chance to get a solution?

slikvik

• World Citizen
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2010, 02:33:22 pm »

Hi Jim,

I've been a happy MC (MJ) user since version 7 I think.  ;) I've upgraded to each version as it been released with no problems. However, I've finally wiped my PC and installed Windows 7. When I downloaded MC14 and tried to activate it, it sent me a MC11 code!!

I've puchased 12, 13 and bought 14 on the special deal you did at launch. Any idea what's happened?

Regards

Vic Tabram

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2010, 03:33:52 pm »

Your MC 14 license is under an e-mail address at tabram.net.

You can change your license e-mail address on the Restore Page.  If you can't do it, let me know.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2010, 04:01:03 pm »

Any chance to get a solution?

Sorry not to answer sooner, and thanks for trying to purchase.  A different e-mail address would work.  Maybe a Paypal account?  You could send details to deanna at jriver.  She could probably help.

DJ_Hazelwood

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2010, 04:47:55 am »

You could send details to deanna at jriver.

Ok, I will do that. Thanks for the help!

kurushi

« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2010, 11:49:43 am »

Nothing is really "free". There is "donationware" or ad paid for types of products.  People need to have an income to keep improvements and deserve an income.

I haven't said that foobar was free (but it can :)

For the other point i am totally agree with you.

Don't answer me i don't think it's the good topic for this.

I had often switched to different free programm some are amazing but since MC14 i have stopped this so i have more time for try other type of softwares:D

Don't answer me i don't think it's the good topic for this.
So for theater view some free are better but i have just to wait some good news from JRiver about Theater view.
Ps sorry for the delay i haven't see you're post....

slikvik

• World Citizen
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2010, 03:30:10 am »

Thanks Jim,

I'd forgotten about using that email!

cairngorm

• Recent member
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2010, 09:15:27 am »

Jim. I purchase Media Centre 14 about 1 month ago, just yesterday I upgraded to windows 7. It appears I've lost all my outlook emails and all my installed programs. I downloaded media 14 again but it looks like I'm on a 30day trial

Is there anything I can do?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2010, 09:37:18 am »

Follow the link called "Purchase" above to information about MC14 and how to Restore.  You can have our system e-mail your license from there.  If you have trouble, post again.

cairngorm

• Recent member
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2010, 10:14:02 am »

Follow the link called "Purchase" above to information about MC14 and how to Restore.  You can have our system e-mail your license from there.  If you have trouble, post again.

worked a treat, thanks

wolfi57

« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2010, 02:45:08 pm »

Hi, can I upgrade from my free Media Jukebox 12.0.49 for $19.98?

By Wolfgang

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2010, 02:48:49 pm »

No.  Sorry.  But right now it's $5 off.  It would be $44.98.

zorglub995

• Recent member
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2010, 02:51:16 pm »

I followed the instructions, I installed v.14 but when I try to click Purchase in the Help menu or in the Trial Pop Up Windows, nothing happen... I have a licensed copy of v.12 installed.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2010, 02:58:46 pm »

I followed the instructions, I installed v.14 but when I try to click Purchase in the Help menu or in the Trial Pop Up Windows, nothing happen... I have a licensed copy of v.12 installed.
Something is preventing MC from starting a browser session.  UAC?

zorglub995

• Recent member
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2010, 03:02:16 pm »

nope, UAC is disabled and I can start a browser session from the Help wiki or registration info....

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2010, 03:05:47 pm »

Try this:
https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/buy.cgi?productid=34&upgrade

Don't proceed if the price is $44.98.

zorglub995

• Recent member
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2010, 03:07:13 pm »

The price is $44.98  ?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2010, 03:09:41 pm »

So you can get to the page directly, but not from the program.  Something on your PC is preventing it.  Are cookies allowed in IE?

Are you using build 147 from the download page?

zorglub995

• Recent member
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2010, 03:14:31 pm »

Yes I use build 147.

I am using Firefox instead of Internet Explorer, but the cookies are allowed.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2010, 03:37:45 pm »

I am using Firefox instead of Internet Explorer, but the cookies are allowed.
I believe MC will use IE.  Does IE work to get to the page above?

zorglub995

• Recent member
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2010, 03:43:56 pm »

Yes, that was it. I had to reactivate IE :( to make it work.

It is strange since all the other links in the help menu use the default browser.

Anyway, I suceeded in upgrading. Thanks !

Thaum

• Recent member
Re: MC 14 Purchase
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2010, 07:43:20 pm »

Install MC 14.  Then restore your MC 13 license.  Then purchase through MC 14.

I have the license for MC v9, but I do not have v9 installed, nor do I have the install file for it.  And even if I did, I also would not want to "pollute" my system with an old version just so I can upgrade to the newest one.

Will this method also work from v9 to v14?

Thaum

• Recent member
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2010, 08:01:37 pm »

Is there anyway to purchase without installing v14?
No.  Sorry.  
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52305.msg357169#msg357169
From your answer to this previous question, I doubt I will get an answer I like, but here goes:

I have both a Netbook that I use for work, and a home computer.  I have no Internet access at home, nor can I easily take the computer to somewhere that does.  It is a very large case, and I have it secured very well.  Nor would I want to have it connect to the Internet due to safety issues.  I use it for editing, and I do not want to install a firewall, virus programs, Etc...  Therefore connecting to the net would be an obvious no-no.

If I purchased the upgrade on my Netbook, can I copy certain files over to my home computer to make it a registered version?  Otherwise I will not be able to use MC v14 on my home computer, which is the one I would be purchasing it for and using it on.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2010, 08:25:24 pm »

From your answer to this previous question, I doubt I will get an answer I like, but here goes:

I have both a Netbook that I use for work, and a home computer.  I have no Internet access at home, nor can I easily take the computer to somewhere that does.  It is a very large case, and I have it secured very well.  Nor would I want to have it connect to the Internet due to safety issues.  I use it for editing, and I do not want to install a firewall, virus programs, Etc...  Therefore connecting to the net would be an obvious no-no.

If I purchased the upgrade on my Netbook, can I copy certain files over to my home computer to make it a registered version?  Otherwise I will not be able to use MC v14 on my home computer, which is the one I would be purchasing it for and using it on.

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/buy_14.html

A license is good for 14-days.  It could be retrieved on your Netbook and installed on your home computer.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

tinear

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: MC 14 Purchase Instructions (done all dat)
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2010, 01:43:07 pm »

Hi,
I've just upgraded from MC13 to MC14, downloaded the latest version 140151 but it will not register. I received the email concerning the activation key. I'm using FireFox 3 and like I say I have received the key by email but it appears that I cannot manually input the key code.
I've already gone to the WIKI for help but no joy there.
So how do I activate MC14?
Thanks for your help!
Cheers,
Fred

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2010, 01:55:15 pm »

The Purchase page has instructions for licenses:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/buy_14.html