INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot get channels on my Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1200  (Read 4237 times)

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
Cannot get channels on my Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1200
« on: June 12, 2009, 01:04:57 am »

My HP 3742NL computer came with a Hauppauge 1200 tuner card. I attached a cable and tried to add channels. The screen appears where it says it's looking for channels but nothing happens. I can see TV channels on the Windows Media Center. Any ideas?

All the best,

Theo

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Cannot get channels on my Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1200
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 05:36:52 am »

Please email me a log file.  yaobing at jriver dot com
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 09:23:06 am »

I just received an email with a log file.  The email is full of non-English text which I could not read.  I am guessing it is from you.

The only lines of logs related to TV are those that indicate you have a "Hauppauge WinTV 885" device.  I guess you did not try running TV channel scanning before sending the log file.  Here is what you should do:

1.  Start MC, and run television tasks (such as scanning for channels).
2.  If MC crashed, restart MC and go to Help > Logging...  If MC did not crash, go to Help > Logging directly.
3.  Click "Click to email log files" link.  It starts your email program and puts two files in a zipped attachment.  The files are Log.txt, and Previous Log.txt.  You need Previous Log.txt if you restarted MC.  It does not hurt sending both.

Additionally, please go to TV view and click Configure... button and choose Settings...
On the "Television Options" window, click the "Copy television related filter info to clipboard" button, in Debug section near the bottom, and either paste the result to your email, or post it here.

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 02:22:58 pm »

Yep, you're right, that was mine... ::) The problem was that there's no e-mail account on my computer in the living room so I copied it and in the rsuh I forgot to write the text to accompany the log file. Glad you're smart to know it was mine. ;D

I will do the things you ask but it will be probably tommorow.

Thanks for your help.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 10:11:16 am »

For the benefit of others having similar problems, the solution in this case was to reinstall MC.  For some reason, the television component of MC was not properly registered on 4BYE's computer.   Reinstalling fixed it.

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 02:18:02 pm »

That's correct! Sorry that I didn't close this topic as solved.

By the way: it's 4BYE (like you would pronounce my last name "Voorbij") However seeing my small picture I could understand 4EYE's too. ;D

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 05:58:20 pm »

By the way: it's 4BYE (like you would pronounce my last name "Voorbij") However seeing my small picture I could understand 4EYE's too. ;D

Oops, sorry. I need four eyes.  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up