INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Q: what is the best way to modify many smartlists (adding additional rule)?  (Read 1397 times)

ShayB

• Junior Woodchuck

hi,

I have many smartlists. Now I have to change all of them by adding the same rule.
As I understand there isn't a way to edit them outside of MC so I guess I have to enter and edit each one seperatly....

(by the way the reason for the many smartlists are my Ipod sync).

Is there a better way?

Marty3d

• Citizen of the Universe

I usually include other smartlists in the ones I use. For instance, in by "base" smartlists, I have parameters like "Don't add songs that were skipped less than 30 days" etc.
So when I want to change one of these basic parameters, I just go to that particular smartlist and change it, then all others are updated.

ShayB

• Junior Woodchuck

I usually include other smartlists in the ones I use. For instance, in by "base" smartlists, I have parameters like "Don't add songs that were skipped less than 30 days" etc.
So when I want to change one of these basic parameters, I just go to that particular smartlist and change it, then all others are updated.

thanks,
I'll try that, you mean that there is an option where there is a hierarchial structure of smartlists in which the parents set the ground rule for the children (if I understand you correctly)

can you tell me how to do it / small example (a cookbook)?

edladner

• World Citizen
  • The diet worked

In the rules you just choose playlist then choose the smartlist that would be the foundation to start from.  I use one this way.  I have a smartlist to pick my most played of a genre, then i have a smartlist in my folder i sync to my ipod that trims it down to only tracks with portable = ipod.  Portable is a field i created to sync my ipod with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up