INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: feature tweak: theatre view playlist modification  (Read 1313 times)

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
feature tweak: theatre view playlist modification
« on: June 20, 2009, 08:30:45 pm »

i really like that one of the more recent builds of MC13 added playlist saving to theatre view. here's a thought, though: if i am playing a playlist i've already created, and i add a few tracks to it, it would be neat if i could save it from playing now. i logically assumed that if i went to "save as playlist" from playing now, and typed in the name of a pre-existing playlist, it would update/overwrite that playlist. nope. it creates a new playlist with a (1) appended. this seems a little counterintuitive to me, or maybe not. i'm curious, anyone prefer the current implementation?

perhaps this is an issue that is fixed or slated to be addressed in MC14 (dunno, i haven't upgraded yet)...

thanks!
micah

Siafu11

• Recent member
Re: feature tweak: theatre view playlist modification
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 01:34:45 pm »

I would also prefer the playlists to be overwritten instead of how the current implementation works. And perhaps add a dialog that says "This playlist name already exists, do you want to overwrite?"

Just my two cents...

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
Re: feature tweak: theatre view playlist modification
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 02:05:38 pm »

I would also prefer the playlists to be overwritten instead of how the current implementation works. And perhaps add a dialog that says "This playlist name already exists, do you want to overwrite?"

that's a good idea, too.

there's also a glitch in this feature—when you save a playlist, it has the field already filled in to correspond to the currently playing playlist as a recent playing now. that playlist is shown in the format (iirc) "Recent Playing Nows\2009-06-21 11:43 AM". i also assumed that i could save a playlist to a subfolder that already exists by typing in a backslash for that path (i.e. "mixes\june 2009"). nope. it doesn't even let me type in a backslash. very odd.

micah
Pages: [1]   Go Up