INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Import Bug: Date Taken Resets on Import  (Read 1633 times)

chriswale

• World Citizen
Video Import Bug: Date Taken Resets on Import
« on: June 30, 2009, 09:14:02 am »

Hi,

>:(
I recently discovered something very odd when importing video in Media Center.
If you import video from camera via Media Center the video files (MP4) (date taken) tag resets to the date you import the videos.
So if you import videos that you have taken over the last couple of weeks, the date taken (date) will reset to the date/time you import the videos.  For example, if you shoot a video in Feb 2009, but only import it in Jun 2009, it will appear (in Media Center) that the video was shot in Jun 2009.  And it doesn't happen with images!  So an image that was taken in Feb 2009, but imported in Jun 2009, will still read date taken as Feb 2006.

Fortunately, I found out about this after my second video import.

If you wan't to check it out for yourself, just look at your collection of images and videos.
You will quickly notice how the date varies from photos you took vs. videos you took from the same funtion (sometimes days or even weeks apart! depending on when you imported the batch via media center.

Work around:

Copy and paste your videos (from your camera) into your data folder (on your computer) using windows explorer. Then videos (and images) will have the correct [date taken] (date).
 ;)
I hope this helps some of you. Media Center developers, if you can verify this, and please fix for us asap. Thank you!

--------

This was tested with different cameras on XP and VISTA using Media Center 13 and MP4 file type.
Media Center developers, please fix.

--------

Regards,
Chris

chriswale

• World Citizen
Re: Video Import Bug: Date Taken Resets on Import
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 02:13:42 pm »

Can anyone else confirm this issue? or explain?
Pages: [1]   Go Up