INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Movies data import "Year" field  (Read 1518 times)

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
My Movies data import "Year" field
« on: July 08, 2009, 04:00:52 am »

Glad to see that the fix to load My Movies data for DVDs stored in VIDEO_TS folder format is fixed. Many thanks.

One question though; when I looked at my collection by year, the load has used the DVD release date, rather than the original production date. Both fields are the xml file. How do I get the load to pick up the production date?

Many thanks 

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: My Movies data import "Year" field
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 09:24:45 am »

There is only one Date field among MC's stock fields.  I choose Release Date because it contains actually a date, whereas Production Year contains only a year.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 05:46:12 pm »

I appreciate the dilemma. My Movies has obviously picked up that both "Years" are valuable to someone, although I can't imagine why anyone is more interested in the release date of a DVD, rather than the year that the film was made.

I'll leave it with you, but for me at least, the import has a major flaw at present. 

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 05:54:07 pm »

In MC14 I just made some changes so most My Movies fields will be imported, as long as corresponding fields exist in MC.  You will be able to create a custom field, say "ProductionYear", and MC will import the data.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 01:09:17 am »

Excellent, many thanks. Once it's in the database, I'll probably just copy it ovber into the standard Year field
Pages: [1]   Go Up