INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should I buy?  (Read 1502 times)

Alchus

• Recent member
Should I buy?
« on: July 08, 2009, 06:45:36 pm »

I've paid for MP 8 and MC 12 and have had them both for awhile but now MC 12 has a pop up that keeps freezing my system. If I do what it says and buy the stupid upgrade will MC 13 give me a pop up for MC 14? Is there any way to stop the pop up? Why am I getting a pop up when I've PAID for this?
On another subject, is there anyone I can contact to get my MC 12 key working again? I've had some computer problems and some major upgrades and so have had to reinstall several times. I thought we had ten a year.?? 

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Should I buy?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 07:17:44 pm »

Is there any way to stop the pop up?

Tools > Options > Startup > Startup Actions > Check for updates... (untick)

On another subject, is there anyone I can contact to get my MC 12 key working again? I've had some computer problems and some major upgrades and so have had to reinstall several times. I thought we had ten a year.??

There isn't a yearly "reset day" when all ten woud be resetted. Each restore comes back a year after it was used.

In the past JRiver has resetted the restores upon request. Probably they can help you.

In general, MC13 (or 14) is not a stupid upgrade. There are a lot of new or improved féatures. Check the link in my signature for the complete change logs. A newly purchased upgrade gives you a license that is valid for the recent MC13 builds and MC14 (actually, you'll get an MC14 license even if you start the purchase process using MC13).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alchus

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 11:51:05 am »

Sorry about the "stupid" crack, it was uncalled for. Also sorry about yelling the word paid. This wasn't my intent. A friend told me that caps mean yelling. I was not tring to yell.
The stupid remark was just out of frustration. It had been freezing my computer on a regular basis for nearly a year and I just assumed I had to live with it. Most programs don't let you turn off their ads. Thanks very much for the solution.

Al

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 11:11:23 pm »

Your restores are cleared on both your MJ8 and MC12 license now.

Your e-mail is a telus account.  You can change it on the Restore Page.
Pages: [1]   Go Up