INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I block MC13 from importing images?  (Read 1389 times)

globetrotters1

• Citizen of the Universe
How can I block MC13 from importing images?
« on: July 14, 2009, 07:55:17 am »

hi guys,

we just use MC13 for the music library and for watching some TV and DVD movies. Nothing else. Found out when re-importing the whole database from scratch that the program imports not only the music, but also all the scans which are stored in separate folders together with the albums.

How can I block MC13 from importing all the scan images of album booklets?

Goal is to have a database with just the music albums, track info and the cover picture.

I switched off all picture associations, switched off all picture functions I could find, but to no avail.

If I look onto my view of modern music, at the end I have a group called "Unassigned" with all pictures, which seems to be a bit awkward for me, as it has nothing to do with music.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How can I block MC13 from importing images?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 02:23:51 pm »

In the import options, you can modify the filetypes imported.

globetrotters1

Re: How can I block MC13 from importing images?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 08:57:13 pm »

wow, now that was very hidden... I had to search around for something like an hour

I had switched off all picture file-types, but there is a setting hidden under <Library&Folders> - <Auto-Import Folders> - <Add Folder...> and there under "advanced" there is another setting than I had under the general file-types...

I never want any auto-import folder (and I suppose many others don't want that either) and that's why I've never seen it before

How about putting this onto the main <Options> - <Library&Folders> as a main choice like "file types to import..."

just a suggestion as a help for dummies like me... sigh
Pages: [1]   Go Up