INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10,000 Personal Pics To Many To Tag?  (Read 1865 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
10,000 Personal Pics To Many To Tag?
« on: July 28, 2009, 08:50:49 pm »

2 days ago, i started tagging my personal pics and noticed there were tons of wrong keywords, people, places, etc.. so i selected all personal files and chose to delete all those tags. then i started taggin them, and jriver ran flawlessly,FASTTT....  well after getting about 2,500 done i noticed that by deleting date and album from all photos, i was having incorrect sorting... so i threw in the backup drive, and restored all personal pics, and all day today i been trying to tag them with the tags that were in the personal pics originally(Date taken - time, Album,)  first i deleted all keywords and then started tagging,   i've noticed all day long when i choose  a file and chose date, album, or anything where you have to add a tag. jriver hangs.. and for at least 25\ 50 seconds each item i choose a tag, each time i add a new keyword, date, album, place, people, etc.... also when she hangs, processors raise, music stops everything with jriver just hangs.  i bet due to it ive actually only gotten maybe 150 pics tagged due to crashes, and hang times and reboot tests etc...  i've tried tools options, general, update tags when file info changes, and unchecked, shut down PC, restarted. and still she hangs when i chose to do even just one picture and ad one tag to it.

so i turned update tags when file info changes back on, and tried tagging again and watched my pictures HDD status light and then the second i added\deleted changed a tag, the picture drive status light flashed for a quick second  and then no HDD activity, but jriver hung for 25\50 seconds each time.

Also ive noticed when i goto change date it says to many list.. i'm betting thats the issue? but what does one do?  do you all suggest changing all dates? and just tag with year dates? or are you using a full date for each pic?   date, time, etc....

thanks for any tips...

I'm so frustrated and just want to get these tagged, sorted and backedup and be done with em!

HTPC4ME

Re: 10,000 Personal Pics To Many To Tag?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 08:55:10 pm »

ohh forgot to mention i'm on 13.0.172.. and i can't remember when i last updated due to all the tests ive done today.. but think it was more then 3 days ago.

TY

rjm

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 10:38:51 pm »

Just a guess but it sounds like each time you access a photo, MC realizes it has changed and then updates the library before processing your edits. Assuming you are starting over and do not want to preserve any of the tags from the first round of editing, you might be wise to select all and update library from tags before resuming editing.

It also sounds like there may be a problem in MC that needs to be addressed with regard to the long delays you are seeing.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 11:35:07 pm »

ok will select all personal pics tonight, and update library from tags, then run a test tomm.

ty for the tip
Pages: [1]   Go Up