INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to make playback follow the cursor?  (Read 4645 times)

tristan

How to make playback follow the cursor?
« on: August 10, 2009, 09:51:02 pm »

Hi all. I just recently switched from Foobar2000 to Media Jukebox. I switched because I didn't like the way that foobar handled my library. I almost always had to manually update my library whenever I added/deleted an album from my hard drive. Media Jukebox seems to do a good job of keeping my library updated with the file system. I also like that it will get album art for files that don't have any, etc.

However, there's one feature that doesn't seem like a big deal, but I guess I used it a lot without noticing it. In foobar (and iTunes), the next song played is whichever song is highlighted. Foobar will then continue playing whatever is next in the current list (usually the next track on the album). Media Jukebox however seems to have this "Now Playing" list that it will follow and I can't figure out a way to replace that list without interrupting playback.

In any case, hopefully someone will understand what I want. Basically, I want to be able to navigate to a different artist/album in the library view and have MJ pickup playback from there after the current track finishes. Thanks for the help, and great app!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to make playback follow the cursor?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 10:06:13 pm »

Thanks.  Playback has several options.  Try right clicking on a file to see them.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to make playback follow the cursor?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 03:09:53 am »

However, there's one feature that doesn't seem like a big deal, but I guess I used it a lot without noticing it. In foobar (and iTunes), the next song played is whichever song is highlighted. Foobar will then continue playing whatever is next in the current list (usually the next track on the album). Media Jukebox however seems to have this "Now Playing" list that it will follow and I can't figure out a way to replace that list without interrupting playback.

We do know what you're saying. The same thing have been discussed for many years, but it always boils down to one thing.
iTunes and Foobar might have ways of doing stuff that is easy and intuitive, but in the end it's very limited. When handling big libraries that most of MJ and MC users have there are just no way people would be happy with only playing from the lists they look at at the time.

The whole point of the Playing now is to have a on the fly playlist that can queue up all the different media you want to listen to. You don't have to concern you're self about what playlist you're in or what media you look at. Browse your different views, playlist and panes, pick up the tracks you like and build the queue as you go. Just remember to set the double click behavior in the options and playback section and embrace the Playing now.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up