INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ability to update select field(s) in ID tags  (Read 1038 times)

nickolsj

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Ability to update select field(s) in ID tags
« on: August 14, 2009, 04:49:16 am »

I am looking for a way to update a single field in tagging mode.  Specifically I want to automatically look up and update all my music files to have the correct release date by accessing an online music database of some sort without the need to manually search and update the field of each album/song.  I do not want to edit or alter any other field, just want the correct release year for each album so my year column is not such a sporadic mess.  Is such a thing possible?  And if it is not possible with MC then is there another app that might be capable of such a thing or the possibility of it being added to the new version?

Thanks for any advice anyone can provide.

nickolsj

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Ability to update select field(s) in ID tags
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 04:13:33 am »

bump

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 06:25:38 am »

I assume that you're talking to the fact that when updating tags from YADB you must update all tags or no tags. I mentioned this when I first started using MC too. It didn't, then, seem like there was much interest from the devs in changing this.

Upon finding this out, I elected to utilize another application. I ended up choosing one called Jaikoz, which accesses MusicBrainz and discogs for its metadata. It allows full customization over which fields will be updated. For the year thing specifically it works well, but has a few inherent flaws in that, if it thinks your track came from a "best of" album (for example) it will list the date of the best-of album rather than the original album. So if you're picky, like me, you'll have to manually keep an eye on the results that it returns. It is not free, but has free updates, and the developer seems to make pretty consistent updates and even made one for me so that the program would work with MC.

There are probably other programs that will do just as good a job for you, but this is the one that worked for me. Mp3Tag (free) might also be worth a look.

-JB

nickolsj

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 02:36:52 am »

Awesome, I'll look it up and see if it does what i an looking for.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up