INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odd sort sequence in Recently Added view  (Read 1289 times)

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
Odd sort sequence in Recently Added view
« on: September 02, 2009, 12:44:06 am »

I'm getting some wierd behaviour on 2 machines, both running build 50. All this is happening within Theater View. All I'm trying to do is get a simple "Recently Added" view for audio albums, with the most recently added albums shown first. On opening the album, the tracks should be in the track number sequence. Simple stuff?

So I've got a rule of item imported in the last 10 days, with a "modify results" of sort by Date Imported (z-a).  And them an item of Album, which has an edit setting saying that it is sorted by Date Imported. So far so good, and in theater view, the correct albums are selected, in the correct sequence.

But when I open an album, the tracks are in some strange sequence. Definitely not track sequence, or name, or filename. My guess is that they are in date imported sequence at he lowest level of detail/granularity. Some albums appearto be in near reverse sequence, suggesting that the Date Imported field is in milliseconds.

To test this, I've created a new field called Day Imported, which has an expression of formatdate([date imported,0],date), and substituting this in my view gives the right results. This seems a long way around, is there an easier way? Is there a way of forcing the Date imported field for all of the tracks in an album to be the same value?

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Odd sort sequence in Recently Added view
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 07:27:30 am »

im using a view in thv wich looks a bit like yours. i also have it sorted by date imported, then limited, but then i have an expand to full album behind it. does that change something?

:)
gab

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Odd sort sequence in Recently Added view
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 11:27:10 am »

To be honest, I've just copied my "day imported" fix from one machine to the other and it works fine. I've never tried the expand to full album option, I'll maybe have a play with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up