INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: learning Theater view.. great feature addon?  (Read 3354 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
learning Theater view.. great feature addon?
« on: September 04, 2009, 04:32:03 am »

been using theaterview, and have noticed when i choose music or videos and then artist\genre etc and then get to album and can see the names on the album, there are alot of songs i know ive loved (5 Starred) but dont recognise the names...

is there anyway to have theater view show the ratings of the songs to the right of the name in the albums, that way when we choose from our extensive libraries artists\there albums. (acdc, alice cooper, bands that are still playing today who have 30 some albums) we can see the songs we have chose in the past as the best. and can enjoy those songs we 5 starred for a reason.

i guess it would be similiar to the standard view where you see the song playing at the moment and to the right of it are the 5 stars, but in this case it would show all ratings of all songs when in album view to the right of there names.

TY

gappie

Re: learning Theater view.. great feature addon?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 04:57:08 am »

you have several options i guess.
you could add rating as a categorie after album in the view, so when you went into an alnum, you first can choose the rating. displaying the songs only rated 5 or 4 etc.

you could add rating in the file caption options>theater view>advanced. [name] (rating=[rating])

you could add rating underneath the thumbnail at the file level by changing the places to show it in customize file info panel.

the first two options can be made more 'advanced' by using expressions or something like that, to only show them when there is audio, or change the numbers to words, things like that. when you need help with that, see what you want and what and when you want to display it.

:)
gab

gappie

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 06:25:16 am »

because itis not totaly clear to me, what you want, i just changed my file caption to show smileys as rating behind the name. see attachment.

the file caption used ie:
Code: [Select]
[Name] if(isequal([rating],1,2),☺,if(isequal([rating],2,2),☺☺,if(isequal([rating],3,2),☺☺☺,if(isequal([rating],4,2),☺☺☺☺,if(isequal([rating],5,2),☺☺☺☺☺,)
the same could be used for the info panel..

gab

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 06:47:21 am »

Here's an expample of a Theater View file caption including Music and Video sub categories:
If(IsEqual([Media Type], Audio),[Name] - [Artist] - /([Album]/)   //   Rating: [Rating],If(IsEqual([Video Type], Series),If(IsEmpty([Name]),S[Season]E[Episode]/ (NP:[Number Plays]/),S[Season]E[Episode]/ (NP:[Number Plays]/) - [Name]),If(IsEqual([Video Type], Music Videos),If(IsEmpty([Artists]),[Artist] - [Name],[Artists] - [Name]),If(IsEqual([Video Type], Conserts),[Artist] - [Name],[Name]))))
Have in mind that I've used a custom field for the Video Type. Combine my example with Gappies smooth smileys and you'll have a good details view. All of this might not be neccessary with the new info panel though.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

HTPC4ME

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 01:46:41 pm »

i think you know what i'm saying :) that pic u uploaded is that a view of a album and all the smileys are right next to each track? if so thats what i would like to accomplish!

HTPC4ME

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 02:13:44 pm »

is there a wiki on where to find how to change this? so i dont screw something up to bad.

TY.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 02:31:47 pm »

well i found it and i think it's working? went to a artist with 20 albums and after the names of the songs i see 5 squares (not smileys) how would i change those squares to stars or smileys?

TY.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 02:48:31 pm »

well seems it works have doubled checked other songs i know are 5 starred, its just i dont know how t get rid of thos boxes and make them stars or smileys.. i tried vista's character map after copying your whole code and still doesnt show smileys?

Ty here'a pic of what i get.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 07:02:55 pm »

bump please? have tried fixing those squares... still no go!?

TY

gappie

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 03:28:49 am »

i guess it depends on the fonts you use in thv?
have you tried to select an other font. as a test for instance arial?
options>thv>select font.

gab

HTPC4ME

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2009, 02:26:22 pm »

that was it. i chose ariel, and now we have smileys :)

TY

gappie

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 06:51:07 am »

the file caption used ie:
[Name] if(isequal([rating],1,2),☺,if(isequal([rating],2,2),☺☺,if(isequal([rating],3,2),☺☺☺,if(isequal([rating],4,2),☺☺☺☺,if(isequal([rating],5,2),☺☺☺☺☺,)
this is an old thread but i want to come back on what i suggested here.
this is much more elegant:
Mid(☺☺☺☺☺,0,[Rating])
gab

HTPC4ME

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 09:53:26 am »

will try it ...ty

rick.ca

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 06:11:49 pm »

this is much more elegant:
Mid(☺☺☺☺☺,0,[Rating])

That is elegant. Thanks!

In the interest of elegance, I changed the smiley to a bullet (Alt-2022). I also use bullets in my file info panels to separate multiple fields on one line (as does the program in various places). So the overall effect seems pleasingly consistent.

In the interest of obsession, I continued my quest for a font that includes the traditional five-pointed black star (Alt-2605). I finally found it in Malgun Gothic Bold. (A font designed for Korean—I wonder who decided us Westerners don't need stars.) That looks nice too, although the stars might be a tad too large/bold (especially for a list of highly rated items). :-\

HTPC4ME

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2010, 09:40:38 pm »

Rick.ca you rock!! thank you Love it... those are keepers! :)

gappie

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 04:05:46 am »

that is indeed a nice Rick. i think the starts looks good.

gab

rick.ca

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 06:30:46 am »

Unfortunately, the font turns "\" into "W". That would be tolerable if it just occurred in pathnames, but I also record actors as "Actor\Role" (in a list field—for nested roles). I'm telling myself W is a Korean symbol meaning "in the role of," but it's not working. :-\

gappie

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 06:59:53 am »

did you change the font for thv? i didnt have to to get the stars. i putted my nested keywords (people playing on the record and what they play) in the info panel and they look alright. normally i use a rule also to get the "\" away and put a something nicer there, like " - " ( i use  ♫ )
Replace([keywords],\,/ ♫ )&datatype=[list]i also putted the rule with the stars in a calculated lib field. dont know if that could make the difference.

gab

HTPC4ME

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 11:01:39 am »

gappie i dont have what rick is talking about but i copied your script identical and pasted in his new stars, and left my font the same it was... arial.  maybe this will help ya rick?

rick.ca

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 02:23:32 pm »

Thank you both. I'm making progress...

I should have known—I'm familiar with the behaviour in Windows, although I've never understood it. That is, even when a particular font has been specified for a document, characters from another font can be pasted into it. So I'm back to my favourite font, with ★'s. ☺

It should be noted adding stars makes it more likely a long name will require two lines—displacing the usual second line that displays "Artist • Album" for audio. A small price to pay, IMO.

Even though "\" now display properly, I'm now using Replace([Actors],\,/ as ) to display "Actor as Role" instead of "Actor\Role." It looks just marvellous. :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up