INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: those who have tagged files... permissions set but updates file failures??  (Read 952 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

i have  mainn pc which holds all my media files,  and i have a laptop that grabs the media from main pc, we have been tagging files on both machines and its working great, today i have noticed on the laptop on some files we are getting update failures on those files. when i go to main pc and try to tag the exact files there are no tagging errors.  ive been searching google for a way to unlock these files but can't seem to get anywhere, i'm on vista and have tried taking ownership of all files on music drive, and then tried on laptop to update tag...failure, in secuirty settings and sharing all users have full control but thelaptop on those files can't seem to make the tags stick. any ideas from others who may have ran into this problem?

TY.

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: those who have tagged files... permissions set but updates file failures??
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 02:50:04 pm »

Is MC open on both machines simultaneously? Are you using library server?

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Re: those who have tagged files... permissions set but updates file failures??
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 02:58:59 pm »

yes media center is open on both machines, and have closed media center on main machine and tried it still there locked down.

in this case no im not using library serverusing the laptop and it is set to search for files in network share. meaning laptop auto import goes to main machines then to that music drive and then imports those files that way. out of 156,000 music files and the laptop having tagged about 60,000 already only 100-200 files does she get errors that she can't tag them.  for some reason in vista on my music drive the secuirty or share s still locked somehow on those files for those that are not on main machine!  in secuirty and share permission though it says all users\groups have full permission unless i'm missing somethign still on tose files? i also have pictures and videos to tag yet, and would like the laptops (girlfriends) help tagging those but would like to get this permission issue figured out so i can just set all media shares permissions right away and not have to worry about  these tag errors.

Thanks for the reply... i bet i have over 30 hours in testing goggling etc trying to unlock these darn things!
Pages: [1]   Go Up