INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are there New APIs for Hooking into new TRemote feature?  (Read 1301 times)

muchadhesion

• Recent member
Are there New APIs for Hooking into new TRemote feature?
« on: September 15, 2009, 05:28:24 am »

I've been playing with the new TRemote feature and it's great.  Lots of potential.

I was hoping (long shot) that the implementation might have yielded some new plug-in APIs that I could make use of?

In particular, I'm interested in the new "passive" behaviour of MC when it is acting as a remote - i.e. With MC remote, the audio stream isn't routed to the remote, and audio stream, control and track update is slaved to some other instance. 

Is it possible for my plug-in to force MC into this "slave" mode, and interrupt the default audio routing, and control track transitions (etc) from the plug-in? Or (even) implement the wire-protocol for a remote MC playback Zone/device.

My use-case is that I currently watch MC playback and playlist events to mirror playback on several remote playback devices (eg Squeezebox, LinnDS, Sonos) around my home.  Currently I have a significant amount of heuristic code to negotiate conflicts between the remote player's events, MC's events, and the User.  Making MC "passive" would simplify this greatly.

I realise this is probably way off your intended path, but I thought I would ask...

Pages: [1]   Go Up