INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ not listing CD tracks  (Read 721 times)

Zandolf

MJ not listing CD tracks
« on: July 08, 2002, 09:26:48 am »

I'm having a lot of problems with MJ 8.0.318.

Last night, before going to bed, I started MJ 8.0.xxx ripping a CD. When I got up I wanted to start another rip but when I changed the CD nothing came up, no track listing, not even the title of the CD. I tried another CD and still nothing. After the 3rd CD I checked for updates, got the 8.0.318 DL and installed it. Still, nothing.

MJ will not list tracks on a CD. With some CDs it will list the name of the album, but still no tracks. On other CDs it will only show the cd as a music CD.

I miss MJ 7.1. I had very few problems with it. 2 weeks ago I bought a new burner and found that 7.1 wouldn't recognize it. I did all the stuff in the FAQ, but 7.1 was having none of it and refused to show my spiffy new burner. So I upgraded and with 8.0.xxx,the thrill of a fast new burner is gone.

To begin with, the 8.0 program is slow. It rips much faster than 7.1, but change your mind after queing the tracks to rip and MJ goes nutty as it wants to take over a minute to check device settings.

Then there is adding tracks to burn. 7.1 has a window you can move tracks to, but 8.0 makes you run up and down the file tree and you have to click on the burner to see what files are in que and how much space is left on the disc, and doing so is sloooowwwww, since it wants to check divices again. Sometimes it wants to check the devices several times.

Then there's burning, after 20-30 or so files, it comes up with an error and stops! I've wasted 7 discs, and 13 hours, and so far all I have to show for it is 4 rips. I used the software that came with the new burner and encountered no problems. It was quick and sweet. So I guess MJ will only be good for rips and playing, but now it won't even do either of those.

Zandolf

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:MJ not listing CD tracks
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2002, 10:02:19 am »

>> Then there's burning, after 20-30 or so files,
>> it comes up with an error and stops!
Is it a read error?

this may be due to a database error, you may want to delete the database and re-import. and see if that fixes it.

>I've wasted 7 discs, and 13 hours
there is a test mode you can check, and you will not waste disks, untill you get your system to work correctly with MJ8.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Zandolf

RE:MJ not listing CD tracks
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2002, 06:35:25 am »

Thanks KS, I'll give that a try. However, given the other problems I'm having, MJ is pretty much useless for me.

Zandolf
Pages: [1]   Go Up