INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resource.xml  (Read 941 times)

tommyd

• Recent member
Resource.xml
« on: September 27, 2009, 11:43:33 am »

Some time ago someone gave me a tip how to map Space key to Play/Pause using Resource.xml file. The problem is that Resource.xml is a part of the MC install so it is overwritten during upgrades. Is it possible to have separate file for such hacks somewhere in %APPDATA% ?

edbro

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Resource.xml
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 11:55:51 am »

I think I found the post you were referring to but I don't see a clear explanation of how to get the space to control Play/Pause. How did you do it?

To answer your question: in that thread Marko stated:

If you create a new folder in \Data\ called \Custom Resources\ and saved your modified resource.xml file in there, MC will always use the 'custom' file, and it won't get replaced when you reinstall/upgrade.

-marko.

tommyd

• Recent member
Re: Resource.xml
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 12:46:43 pm »

I think I found the post you were referring to but I don't see a clear explanation of how to get the space to control Play/Pause. How did you do it?

This is part of Resouce.xml file I added:
Code: [Select]
<!-- Playback engine shortcuts (shared) -->
        <Entry Key="Space" Command="10000" Param="0" TranslateFlags="1" />

It should be placed in <ACCELERATORS></ACCELERATORS> section. The key thing is TranslateFlags="1" parameter which allow You to enter space character when editing some text.

To answer your question: in that thread Marko stated:
If you create a new folder in \Data\ called \Custom Resources\ and saved your modified resource.xml file in there, MC will always use the 'custom' file, and it won't get replaced when you reinstall/upgrade.

-marko.

I think it isn't good idea. User setting should go somewhere under %APPDATA%

Pages: [1]   Go Up