INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IK Multimedia ARC System  (Read 2763 times)

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
  • I love music and great audio!
IK Multimedia ARC System
« on: September 28, 2009, 08:39:20 am »

Hi,

Anybody using this as a VST plugin in MC14?

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/arc/features/

Serious PC audiophiles should DEFINITELY check this out - now that MC handles VST plugins!

This is a totally revolutionary Real-Time Analysis kit for computer-based playback - you test your room in multiple locations - basically an intelligent room EQ - mainly for mixing/mastering market - totally appropriate for music playback (enjoyment) too, of course.

I've recently finished my acoustic treatments (bass traps, wide-band absorbers) and I want to finish the job with a real RTA and room EQ job of my own. Would love to marry this to MC14 playback!

DP
Derek Pert
(Windows 11 Pro x64 / 32GB RAM)

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: IK Multimedia ARC System
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 09:38:03 pm »

$600 is a little steep.  Just send out the audio via digital spdif and you can get an AVR for cheaper than that with a microphone, Audyssey, and more. 
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
  • I love music and great audio!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 09:38:19 pm »

Thanks. Street price is rapidly dropping, though.

From a studio mixing standpoint ... a plugin is better because a) you can have it set up in multiple locations simultaneously (within license of course ;), and b) have unlimited configurations saved as presets.

Also, it allows me to use the superb DACs in my interface and avoid adding yet another piece of outboard gear.

The IK ARC actually uses Audyssey MultEQ® and comes with decent test mic included in price. Hmmm.
Derek Pert
(Windows 11 Pro x64 / 32GB RAM)

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 12:57:41 pm »

Very nice. I had an ECM8000 but never got to use it with RoomEQ wizard. We moved and I sold the mic.

I am going to check this out. I have been in need of something form MC14 now that VST is supported. I also do digital RIAA with Samplitude so this will be perfect to run along with my other VST-RIAA plugin for LP playback.

thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up