INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View - toggle list style  (Read 1180 times)

TunaOnToast

• Recent member
Theater View - toggle list style
« on: October 06, 2009, 03:08:57 am »

I run MC as a service with Library Server on my Windows Home Server. This means that in general I do not use MC on the server for anything else than the Library Server.
I have several clients connected to the Library Server, one of wich is a HTPC that I run in Theater View.

Now this is what my problem is.
As I understand it, Theater View used the preferences from the Library Server. In my case the problem is the "toggle list style" option. Now I can set it on the HTPC, but seeing as the HTPC use the preferences from the Library Server these settings reset every time MC is started on the HTPC. As mentioned earlier I do not use MC on the server for anything but running Library Server. Normally setting the "toggle list style" would not be a problem since I could start up MC on the server in Theater View and set the preferences there. I can open MC on the server through Remote Desktop but only start it in Standard View, which means I can not access the "toggle list style" setting.

Is there any way to set "toggle list style" without being in Theater View?
If not, are there any plans of implementing such a feature either through Standard View or have the option to sync such settings from clients?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Theater View - toggle list style
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 06:53:09 am »

Now I can set it on the HTPC, but seeing as the HTPC use the preferences from the Library Server these settings reset every time MC is started on the HTPC.
On the WHS, try quitting Media Server after you've got it set.  Right click on the task tray icon...  This may be when it saves.

Then restart Media Server.

TunaOnToast

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 07:49:55 am »

To set the "toggle list style" preferences don't I have to set them in Theater View?
My problem is that I can not start MC in Theater View on my WHS machine, not through Remote Desktop anyway.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 08:24:37 am »

I'm not familiar with WHS, but MC can start automatically in Theater View.  It's one of the options.  I don't know if this will help you.

Changes in Theater View may not all be stored. 

TunaOnToast

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 08:49:00 am »

Normally you interact with WHS through Windows Home Server Console. Through the console you can not open MC in Theater View. However, you can also log on to WHS with Remote Desktop. Now this is what I did before when I ran Media Server on a Win2k3 machine. For some reason I can not start Theater View through Remote Desktop with WHS.

I suppose the solution to my little problem is to connect a mouse, keyboard and monitor to set the "toggle list style" preferences.
Would be nice to have access to such settings in Standard View aswell though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up