INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Client/Server and Zones  (Read 930 times)

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
Client/Server and Zones
« on: October 28, 2009, 12:42:06 pm »

I brought up this topic a while ago but I don't think I ever got an answer. I have MC client configured to load zone 'There:Main' on startup, which is the main zone at my server. I start playback and the main zone of the server starts playing as expected. I then want to control a different zone from the client. Perhaps I want to control the music in the Rec Room zone or the Outside zone.  At times I even want to switch the the 'Here' zone and browse through images, etc. The problem is that when I switch zones in Therater View it is only temporary. I switch to the 'Here' zone from the client and begin browsing images. Once I navigate away from the page in Theater view the client is automatically switched back to the zone specified in Theater View options (There:Main) I would have hoped that the zone would remain 'sticky' to the one I selected until I either switch zones or re-launch MC. What typically happens is that the zone changes automatically and the user isn't usually aware, assuming that it remained where it was switched. Now if he elects to view images, etc they begin to playback on the server's main zone.

Is this the intended behavior?
Pages: [1]   Go Up