INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Android phone connecting to JRiver server  (Read 10560 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Android phone connecting to JRiver server
« on: November 02, 2009, 08:25:46 pm »

Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to connect an Android mobile phone to Media Server (either UPnP or the built in Library Server) and listen to music? I am looking for an application similar to Simplify Media for an android mobile phone that I am planning to buy.

Thanks,
Osho

txgardener

• Recent member
Re: Android phone connecting to JRiver server
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 03:12:06 pm »

Does anyone know of a way to connect an Android mobile phone to Media Server (either UPnP or the built in Library Server) and listen to music? I am looking for an application similar to Simplify Media for an android mobile phone that I am planning to buy.

There may be other means, but the plug-in "HTTP Remote Control Web Server" works well through the android browser.
Get app at: http://bellecamp.com.au/Products/MediaCenterHTTPRemoteControl/tabid/78/Default.aspx.

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 05:20:26 pm »

There may be other means, but the plug-in "HTTP Remote Control Web Server" works well through the android browser.
Get app at: http://bellecamp.com.au/Products/MediaCenterHTTPRemoteControl/tabid/78/Default.aspx.

This would allow me to control the MC14 from Android browser  - that is not what I want. I am looking for a way to stream audio/video so that I can listen to audio on the Android phone.

thanks,
Osho

SterlingY

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 07:49:12 pm »

Osho,

I'm with you on wanting this functionality.

We need an official Android app to run as a remote client.

There is an app called AndroMote http://www.andromote.de/

But it doesn't seem to detect the MC server. :'(

-S

SterlingY

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 08:13:09 pm »

I stand corrected!!!!!

Andromote works perfectly, at least in my house. It looks for media servers available via WiFi.

Hmmmm.... so how to do it over the web?

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 08:24:07 am »

I'm not seeing a Media Renderer with AndroMote...  which, if I understand, is how I can control the player.  Am I missing something?

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 09:23:31 am »

I'm not seeing a Media Renderer with AndroMote...  which, if I understand, is how I can control the player.  Am I missing something?

Press on MEdia Renderer and select Local Player. AndroMote worked with me - even though its interface is very horrible as I have my audio files in many directories and it provides listing via directories instead of Genre/Artists/Album hierarchy that I prefer to use.

Another disadvantage of AndroMote is that it only works with local home Wi-Fi connection. It will not work from outside your home (either via 3G or Wi-Fi connection elsewhere). Since my main purpose is to listen to it from outside home - AndroMode unfortunately did not work out.

I am now investigating Orb (http://www.orb.com) - they have a OrbLive application for iPhone and I hear a beta is in works for Android platform.

Osho

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 06:44:43 am »

Thanks...  I'll take a look at Orb.

Come on JRiver - throw us a bone!  An Android app would make my year (in terms of software, that is!)...

royirby

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 08:46:38 pm »

I've got Andromote recognizing MC, but it keeps popping up a "Activate playlist mode in Settings when using local renderer" message whenever I try to play anything (either via browsing to a song or playing an item in a playlist).  Can't find "playlist mode" anywhere in the app.  Anyone?

roy

lanceriter

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 05:52:18 pm »

There is a new accessory called the Wireless Media Stick, manufactured by HSTi.
The Media Stick is essentially a network bridge between a PC, Mac, NAS, or Android device connected to a WiFi router;
and any media player with a USB playback port (i.e.,TV, DVD/Blu-ray player, game console, stereo, or digital picture frame).

On an Android device the Wireless Media Stick App streams videos, music, photos, or PowerPoint presentations -
via the WiFi radio - to a Wireless Media Stick plugged into the USB playback port of a media player.
The Android application provides full control over which folders and/or files are shareable.

Virtual PBX services include important features such as a virtual phone number, an auto attendant (virtual receptionist), call forwarding, voicemail, and voicemail to email. Many small-to-medium sized businesses across the world are beginning to switch to VoIP systems, as opposed to the traditional telephony networks that have so-long dominated the telecommunications industry. VoIP technology offers a low-cost alternative for businesses, with many advanced features and benefits. Shop around and get the most for your money Small Business Voip.
That's a fancy hat you have there!
Pages: [1]   Go Up