INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Falling Snow Plugin  (Read 5082 times)

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
Falling Snow Plugin
« on: December 05, 2009, 10:35:40 am »

I'm having a x-mas party tonight and would like to have falling snow over playing now theatre view.  I've tried screen save but it makes mc inactive so when the song changes it doesn't on playing now...the only other things i've seen is desktop falling snow but that's only for desktop and not all active windows.

Wondering if there was a pug for jriver or if anybody knew of a program that has snow falling no matter what window is active.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Falling Snow Plugin
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 10:40:20 am »

Nice idea.  If you can find a video of snow, you can probably add it to Theater View.  See the Themes option.  It will accept a video or image of your choice.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 10:52:27 am »

There is a plugin called Winter Wonders from Sound Spectrum that will do just what you want.
http://www.soundspectrum.com/

It has holiday visualization. You can download a free trial and test it out. It is a playing now visualization. Select this visualization as your playing now visualization, go to playing now in theater view and you will see it. Select big screen and you are all set.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 12:18:07 pm »

Thanks.  It's close but not bang on but I do appreciate your help.  I'm using the theatre view not big screen so I was hoping for snow to fall over that so you can see what's playing next.

I'm still going to go with it though.

Thanks again...if anybody knows of another one that will fall over the screen no matter the view I would appreciate it.

thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 12:42:18 pm »

You can apply different (or same) images to different parts of Theater View if you use Themes.

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 10:02:42 pm »

I downloaded a few snow videos as Windows Dreamscend content. I don't remeber where I found them but a quick Google search of Dreamscene videos will get plenty of links. The Dreanscene videos are great because they are short and loop pretty seemlessly.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 08:28:11 am »

I'm back again.  I like the dreamscend idea and will look for some.  I did find one but it's an .exe that I'm sure intalls in the o/s.  How would i use that for jriver?  My preference is to find a program that runs always on top with falling snow but will try anything.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up